Black’s BBQ

johnnylightnin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Taking the family (wife and 3 kids...kids are 10 and under) to Black’s in Lockhart tomorrow on our way back to Louisiana from Austin.

Trying to figure out my order. I want to get the whole experience without going to debtor’s prison. My kids won’t eat that much.

What should I order for me and the wife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last visit to Black's was a guy trip the day after an Austin bachelor party, and no one felt like waiting in line on a Saturday at Franklin's. Needed to burn a few hours before the wedding, so a trip to Lockhart seemed to be a good way to keep the guys from over-drinking and get a full belly prior to the wedding.

Have been several times, and at different times of day, and I always just look at what is on the cutting block to see what looks good.

Beef ribs are usually on my plate, unless they look like they have been sitting for a while.

Sides and pickles, onions, etc. are the first thing you come to in the tray line.
Then you turn left, and get the view of meats. If you don't see what you want, ask if they have any coming up from the back.

I find it can be fairly consistent quality, but let your eyes do the shopping on the meats.
Ask for it the way you want it, and they will try and cut to your preference.

May not be the answer you were hoping for, but hopefully you enjoy your visit to Black's.

Last visit to Black's was a guy trip the day after an Austin bachelor party, and no one felt like waiting in line on a Saturday at Franklin's. Needed to burn a few hours before the wedding, so a trip to Lockhart seemed to be a good way to keep the guys from over-drinking and get a full belly prior to the wedding.

Have been several times, and at different times of day, and I always just look at what is on the cutting block to see what looks good.

Beef ribs are usually on my plate, unless they look like they have been sitting for a while.

Sides and pickles, onions, etc. are the first thing you come to in the tray line.
Then you turn left, and get the view of meats. If you don't see what you want, ask if they have any coming up from the back.

I find it can be fairly consistent quality, but let your eyes do the shopping on the meats.
Ask for it the way you want it, and they will try and cut to your preference.

May not be the answer you were hoping for, but hopefully you enjoy your visit to Black's.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I’m giddy to cross one off the BBQ bucket list!

I've been twice. The first time it was great. The second time was the best slices of brisket I ever had. It's right there on the block to see and I knew it was gonna be good. That's the nice thing there. You can see what you're getting and can order accordingly. I only wish I ordered more.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hard to go wrong on anything, its solid all the way around. If you have time stop by Kreuz for some sausage....life changing

Sadly, my trip to Lockhart got cancelled. I appreciate the advice. I plan to utilize it in the future.

Back