American Royal BBQ: First Time

D

dedwards

Hey Brethern,

I plan to attend the American Royal BBQ this Saturday in Kansas City. I understand the competition part of the event. Will there also be an opportunity to see and purchase rubs, sauces, tools, etc. What can I expect as a first timer.

Dennis

Hey Brethern,

I plan to attend the American Royal BBQ this Saturday in Kansas City. I understand the competition part of the event. Will there also be there also be an opportunity to see and purchase rubs, sauces, tools, etc. What can I expect as a first timer.

Dennis
Last year in the pavillion area they had a lot of different sauces out to sample and buy. There were also vendors setup selling a variety of BBQ supplies and smokers. Some people like Plowboy will probably be selling his stuff at his spot.

This year is my first time going too. Which day is better, Saturday or Sunday? I thought about taking my smoker up there and seeing if anyone was interested in purchasing it. I need the funds to start my next, BIGGER smoker :)

This year is my first time going too. Which day is better, Saturday or Sunday? I thought about taking my smoker up there and seeing if anyone was interested in purchasing it. I need the funds to start my next, BIGGER smoker :)

That's a pretty good idea with the smoker. Catch 'em all slobbered up and wanting to start a new hobby just as they're leaving the cook off. You'll probably get top dollar.

Sunday pretty much everyone is cooking, so I would stay away. Saturday there are about 120-125 teams cooking the invite so they wont be socializing a lot.

Not sure where you will get your smoker in. The parking lot is a short walk from the Royal. I doubt you can just take it in there without having a spot.

Back