Got a catering gig!

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ok it's a small job but a gig's a gig!

You saw the que I did last week for the worship team at my church. One couple enjoyed the meat so much they want me to cook for their Mother's day gathering. Bout 10 people.

Gonna do a small brisket, a turkey boob, baked beans and cole slaw. I'm charging $15/head. Suggestions?

Just do what you do best. I'd throw in a small butt just because they are so damn good and easy to prepare. Plus you can do the butt ahead of time.

You've got a good plan - a couple of meats and a couple of sides for $15. Are you delivering? Are you providing paper and plastic goods? Just asking - the delivery is always a nice touch. :D

Bigmista said:
Ok it's a small job but a gig's a gig!

You saw the que I did last week for the worship team at my church. One couple enjoyed the meat so much they want me to cook for their Mother's day gathering. Bout 10 people.

Gonna do a small brisket, a turkey boob, baked beans and cole slaw. I'm charging $15/head. Suggestions?

Congrats!! See, that's what happens when you share good Q with your friends and neighbors. The BBs and I could probably cook 3-4 times a week from situations just like what you just went through. Makes you feel proud you've got a product that others want.

Chad is one of your resident experts here, he won't steer you wrong, Grasshoppa.........

Congrats Mista, the new tally...New Baby, New Job (banker), New smoker, New Catering gig!!! :)

chad said:
You've got a good plan - a couple of meats and a couple of sides for $15. Are you delivering? Are you providing paper and plastic goods? Just asking - the delivery is always a nice touch. :D

I am delivering it. Gonna cooking Saturday and deliver it Sunday after church. No papaer and plastic. Just food.

Bellybro said:
Congrats Mista.

Smoking banker mod.

Show up at the branch and see me with a smoker behind my desk. Can I interest you in a loan? How about a pork sammich?

Grats on the gig! For 15 beans a head sounds like you will make a few nickles. The personalized business cards are almost a must. These folks will hold onto those and more then likely call you a few times a year for viddles.

Make sure you garnish up your platters, bowls, and serving area with fresh veggies or carved fruit garnishes. Add a little kale or Savoy for color and height/dimension. Maybe get some fresh flowers since the ladies really love those. =)

Great job man!

Bigmista said:
Bellybro said:
Congrats Mista.

Smoking banker mod.

Show up at the branch and see me with a smoker behind my desk. Can I interest you in a loan? How about a pork sammich?

Methinks you need an old screen door for your office, the kind with one long skinny spring that slams it shut.

racer_81 said:
Bigmista said:
Bellybro said:
Congrats Mista.

Smoking banker mod.

Methinks you need an old screen door for your office, the kind with one long skinny spring that slams it shut.

Sounds like it's right up my alley! Which is where they should probably enter my office from!

Don't forget the peanut shells on the floor, and the tailored made Banker's suit complete with apron

I'll have the3 brethen logo emboidered on all of my suits.

Back