Oakridge Carne Crosta Steak

northeast bbqer

Full Fledged Farker
This was from the other night. NY sirloin seasoned with Carne Crosta. Love the flavor profile of this seasoning and the coffee aroma releases well with the high heat cooking.
68a4b716-a073-497d-84e5-196803a6327f_zpsjc9uaffs.jpg

Look at all the juice!
143a8ed4-6bf8-4c33-9a7c-bb75727d2759_zpsgvzcoiej.jpg

If you haven't tried Carne Crosta, you should. Thanks for looking.

I've seen a couple people dislike the gritty texture of the Carne Crosta. Must be the coffee that adds the gritty texture.

But man I love the flavor that comes from it. Any kind of beef! I wonder what a Carne Crosta Rubbed Brisket would taste like..... Hmmmm Might have to try it!

But man I love the flavor that comes from it. Any kind of beef! I wonder what a Carne Crosta Rubbed Brisket would taste like..... Hmmmm Might have to try it!

That's a great idea! And I have a Prime brisket in the freezer, too...

Awesome....

The high heat is essential for this rub. The heat with the oils really work magic on the coffee and form a solid surface crust. I personally have never experienced anything gritty.

This! One time I didn't get a good sear (stove top) and some of the coffee grinds didn't crust over. This stuff is magical when you get that sear right!

I just so happen to have some Carne Crosta on a couple of steaks that'll hit the grill in about 20 mins. It came as part of a sample pack and I've never tried it yet. Wish me luck.

Good luck on the upcoming cook, looking forward to seeing your posts...

I just so happen to have some Carne Crosta on a couple of steaks that'll hit the grill in about 20 mins. It came as part of a sample pack and I've never tried it yet. Wish me luck.

I haven't posted a live cook in quite awhile so this will give me a good reason to post one up.

High heat is key! Have a great cook!

That's good because that's how I roll with steaks anyway.
It came out great. Its just the wife and I tonight so I grilled one with the Carne Crosta and one with my standard S&P. The wife and I preferred the Carne Crosta. I don't think it'll take me long at all to go through this 5 oz. packet.

Back