My Very Own Cooker - Thanks Deguerre!

I haven't had time to really think about a name but she will be named, and wow, IT'S RED! My favorite color! She's staying in the house tonight, gotta clean up the carport and make a place just for her. I am so looking forward to grilling on her, wow, gotta lot to learn about this particular cooker, never thought I'd have one...y'all remember now, deguerre did say this was my cooker. We'll see, I have a lot of research to do!

Keep the cast iron grate in the house when not in use. Trust me, even well seasoned, they will rust outside.

CD

Please, do tell!!!! I aint...wait, a'int, how do you even say that?, the bbq guru deguerre is not even telling - oh, pizza? Yeah baby, not? That was my first thought when I saw it in the box. Next thought was, yeah, so you wanted a cast iron grate grill - lucky me, let's cook on this baby!

To smoke you will need either a pizza stone or a grate and firebrick that will fit on the three supports inside the fire box. A charcoal grate from a 22" Weber is the perfect size to set on the supports. A grease pan is needed if you are going to do brisket or a pork butt. I have a couple pie tins in the firebrick. It catches most of the fat. The only extra thing I did was to put some high temp glue around the bottom vent to make sure it was sealed well.

Awesome thread!!!
Congrats redhot!!
And way to go guerre for keeping the flame going!!

As for the name?
I would keep it simple.
Just call it RED.!!!

Congrats. I'm jealous :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That is an awesome looking cooker! Love it in red, suites you well Redhot! Enjoy it!

Great job Deguerre

Back