A kind Brethren strikes again...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Brethren Ashmont sent a surprise gift to me...
a HUGE smile and a Cooking with Beer cookbook! Thank you again Ashmont, you made my day! :becky:

022-1.jpg

There are so many tasty recipes to try.. I started out with the Beer Braised Onion recipe.

I smoked a ham on the Memphis Pro...
used beer and apple juice in the drip pan (I love the aroma. :))

013-1-1.jpg

then foiled the ham and added the onions and a pan of biscuits..

039-2-1.jpg

the Beer Braised Onion recipe..

1TBs butter
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
2 TBs sugar
2 TBs lager
1 TBs balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
the recipes says to melt butter, add onions and sugar... cook until onions are soft, then add lager, vinegar and salt. Cook until liquid evaporates.
I didn't do that.. I just added all to the skillet and smoked until the onions were soft and the liquid had evaporated.

044-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

057-2-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

I built a ham and biscuit sandwich with the Beer Braised Onions..

076-1.jpg

the onions are kind of sweet so I didn't know if spicy mustard would go well on the sandwich. I just served it on the side.. then ended up not using it at all. The onions were great!

083-1-1.jpg

Thanks again for the nice surprise Marty!!

Thanks for checking out my supper. :)

Just Damn! Looks Delish, as always.

Was the ham home cured?

Hope it's a thick book. Gotta love that Cowgirl Pron!:becky:

Adding an egg to that biscuit would make a an excellent breakfast sammie. Looks great Jeanie.

Nailed it again!

Jeanie, can you please post something that's a disaster so that we can bring you back to the pack?

Cheers!

Bill

Looks great as always. What temp did u run the Memphis Pro at to create your master piece?

Thanks for sharing!

Papa

Awesome Jeaniusz!:cool:
Mustard looks yummy!

So I am standing in line at the groc store and see the Cowgirl Bible in front of me.... I had to send it..... Enjoy it we sure do Sista! The sammi is off the charts CG! 999

What a great Brethren thing to do!! thanks for sharing the recipe, sammie looks awesome.

Oooooooo...
Looking good Jeanie!:thumb:

I'd so love to take a couple thick slices of that ham, dust it with a mustard powder brown sugar mix and spritz it with some pineapple juice, stick it back in the Memphis Pro and let it glaze...

MMMMMMMM.....

That's one tastey looking sammie SWSW

Very nice Jeanie..... very nice indeed. :-D

Yummy stuff! I saw that Beer cookbook while checking out at the market but bought the National Enquirer instead. :)

Saw the National Enquirer too but knew that our Sista would kick it up a notch or three and teach us something. I was right! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Thanks Jeannie.... The dark beer soup looked great too! Okay I peaked before I mailed it....:laugh:

Thanks friends! It was tasty. I really liked the beer braised onions...
Ron, this one wasn't home grown.

Papa, I started out at 275 but ended up raising the temp to 325 to brown the biscuits.

Thanks again Ash! :-D

Back