• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

HD clearance! Run, don’t walk!

Nabbed six bags in Laguna Hills on my way home from work Friday night. They had a ton.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought four of the KBB two-packs from HD on Memorial Day and probably have enough for one more cook. These should last me a decent amount of time.

And, success. There was a woodworking show that I went to with my daughter and hit the nearby HD after it. Couple pallets of the charcoal so picked up another 6 bags -- and found another $175 Performer!

I bought it but will have to send my son back tomorrow with a bigger vehicle to pick it up.

56909506055__F198FD76-979D-491B-98FB-F6B6174A7CBA-X2.jpg

Proof again that I married the right person. :clap2: My wife went with my son to pick up the grill and couldn't resist passing up a good deal -- grabbed another 10 bags. She even felt bad about stopping at just that and wanted to buy the rest of the pallet, though managed to restrain herself (I think, haven't checked her van). Even better, she thought to the performer was great and wanted to know why we don't have one (I bought this for my daughter and her husband who just bought their first house). Looks like I need to hit some more stores and see who else is closing one out...

Not sure yet where I'm storing them the extra bags - that's why I stopped at the original 12 -- but I'm sure I'll figure something out

Has anyone by chance seen whether the WSMs are on clearance as well?

Went looking for more charcoal at 3 different stores, no luck. But I did find a whole pallet of these-

Attachments

• blackstone.jpg
    blackstone.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 210
The HD I went to had a 1/4 full pallet of Weber on the floor, next to a nearly full pallet of Embers. There was no price on the Weber- it rang up $3.90, but there was a price on the Embers, "reg 5.99, now 4.56". Took a bag to the cashier and it rang up at $4.56. :rolleyes:

There was also a full, wrapped pallet of Weber on the top shelf. Anyway, I grabbed a measly 7 bags of Weber. I think I have 6-700#s of charcoal now. Should be good thru Christmas 2020. :tsk:

Got 10 bags in boulder today. Forgot about this deal but needed something for work. I remembered when I got there. They still had a lot as of this morning.

Picked up another 19 bags last night. Employee took another 15% off for me as well. I have a lot now but this stuff is very good so I am pleased.

Just picked up 16 bags in Paterson, NJ. They still have about 14 or so left. I now have about 700+ pounds of charcoal!

Score!!!

Just got 6 bags in Burbank! I wish I could afford more. Looks like there are 127 bags available in Glendale if any LA guys are interested. Thanks for the heads up. Now to start grilling/smoking :-o

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I have just received activation of my BBQ Brethren account. I have been lurking for some time. Other than the occasional random camping trip, I have never cooked with charcoal routinely. Embarrassing, but it is what it is. Read the post, and decided today's the day. I picked up a 25 bags of Weber coals and the Performer Premium ($175) itself all at sale prices. Can't wait to stoke it! Several locations in the Portland OR and Vancouver WA still have both coal and Performers

Last edited:
Thanks Ron L for putting the Brickseek link for all of us..Made me go out get 12 bags while my HD store was saying Out Of Stock..
DanB

I should be set for awhile:clap2:
DanB

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_102449965_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190117_102449965_HDR.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 90
Picked up another 8 bags myself. 11 total and the count might go up lol... Too good a deal....

Rumor has it that this deal is ending very soon. That on X date, any remaining will be zero'ed out and trashed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, I got 14 in total. Brickseek then reported the correct amount left, which is 4, and almost all other HD's around are sold out. How do they know that?

Back