Pork in the Park -Salisbury, MD (4/20-21)

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
http://www.porkinthepark.org/competitors_frame.htm

Received my confirmation this week. 52 two teams listed so far with more than a month to go. I know a few Brethren teams plan to be there as the link notes many familiar names including IQue who won GC last year...

Sean, my brother in law, won't be cooking with me at this one as he's saving his vacation days for a first child expected in Aug so he'll only be cooking at a few of the contests this summer.

So, to help fill the void at Salisbury, Clint (Smoke in Da Eye) agreed to come along to help cook and hang out as he and Wine & Swine won't be competing at this one. Still not sure what Phil has planned for this contest as he mentioned the possibility of hanging out with us, cooking on his own, judging, contest repping)

Anyone else ?? Looks like it's gonna be a great contest !!!

Looking forward to coming down to Salisbury for my first KCBS cook of the year. I've cooked this one all 4 years... the first year was 18 teams. Things have grown quite a bit. Its a well run event, nice grassy park with plenty of room. Only problem is it usually rains... we'll see. Swing by the IQ camp for a cold Harpoon!

ique said:
Swing by the IQ camp for a cold Harpoon!

Will do. Vinny agreed to do all the work while I stand by and critique!:twisted:

One week to go !!! 66 teams per the contest website...And if there's not enough top level teams already signed up... look who decided to sneak in :eek:

I Smell Smoke
Malden, MA

Steve - Aren't ya gonna be too tired from teaching this weekend ? :wink:

Looks like quite a few Brethren will be down there... should be a lot of fun.... SmokeInDaEye and Sledneck will be coming down with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone...

Just keeping an eye on the weather report - Does Salisbury ever get sun and no rain ?

Steve's cooked the contest the last couple years only under the Agave name. Good luck next weekend.

BTW My nieces team name is Fat Angle BBQ and not the Fat Anle listed on the team roster.

Steve's cooked the contest the last couple years only under the Agave name. Good luck next weekend.

BTW My nieces team name is Fat Angle BBQ and not the Fat Anle listed on the team roster.

Are you going to be there Rich ?????????? Good thing they didn't replace the e with an a that could have been real embarassing !!

we'll miss ya Rich... we'll hit the Clonesicle in honor of you this year!

Weather reports still look good...

Clint (SmokeInDaEye) and Steve (Sledneck) will be taking the drive with me. We're leaving Long Island around 9PM tomorrow.. should arrive about 2AM or so.. then get some rest in the car until the morning for check in time.

As a guest Bad Bones Team member, besides helping and farking with my head during turn in times, Clint's got plans to dominate the Anything Butt and the highly coveted "Frank Perdue Chicken Award" category on Friday..

but I hear Sledneck's gonna give Clint a run for the money trying to take the Frank Perdue Award when cooking with Nancy and Greg from Purple Turtles...

See everyone Friday !!!

Weather reports still look good...

Clint (SmokeInDaEye) and Steve (Sledneck) will be taking the drive with me. We're leaving Long Island around 9PM tomorrow.. should arrive about 2AM or so.. then get some rest in the car until the morning for check in time.

!!!

I guess you havent heard me snore! You should change that statement to sledneck will get some rest in trhe car while you and clint plot my death:biggrin:

I guess you havent heard me snore! You should change that statement to sledneck will get some rest in trhe car while you and clint plot my death:biggrin:

We can always submit your remains during the "anything butt..." category. What's that croatian sausage called again?

Holy chit, I just spit beer on my monitor. :-D

I almost forgot. Vinny, best of luck down there in Maryland. Go kick some big time butt and show them what the Brethren are made of.

Back