Competition BBQ Classes

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any competition bbq classes being held over the winter? I would like to send one of my team mates.

HomeBBQ.com is considering doing a class in Felda, Florida the first weekend in December. He'll be covering both FBA and KCBS. If you're interested e-mail me at parrothd56@aol.com.

Thanks Greg! Something Bridget came up with on the fly years ago.

Talked to Kevin this afternoon and the class is a definite go. I've just been e-mailing a few folks in Florida that I know and already have 5 takers.

We'll get the details out ASAP. We only discussed the possibility earlier in the week. Now I've gotta get busy!

RBSNWNGS said:
i would also like to attened a class like that

Pre-requiste course is..... Porkchop turn in times.

u need that one first.

:mrgreen:

Hey - i replied to this. Was I moderated out?

You can also check the bullsheet to see what classes are already scheduled.

BrooklynQ said:
Hey - i replied to this. Was I moderated out?

You can also check the bullsheet to see what classes are already scheduled.
Rob,
Was it during the migration? Some posts to the old site were made after the data dump here. Don't know.

Thread is close to going off topic (prior to your post).
Hope it stays closer to the subject--great question :lol:

TIM

It was sometime this morning. So was the migration complete? I think so. It's not that important as long as posts don't start disappearing

I attend the "Ultimate Cooking School" hosted by James Britt (www.brittsbarbecue.com) and led by Myron Mixon (Jack's Old South). James' website is undergoing maintenance right now so I don't know what's on the agenda.

I highly recommend this school - starts Fri night and runs until Sunday afternoon.

They have done MIM classes and the one I went to was FBA/KCBS format.

I understand that Myron wants to do a whole hog class soon, too.

I am patiently waiting for Parrothead but I sure wish someone would have a bbq cooking class up here for us northeast brothers......I am willing to go a few hundred bucks each for my honey and I. I am sure there are alot more of us that would too!!! If Dr. BBQ plans to defend his Grill Kings title, maybe one could be scheduled around that.

Cookshack is having a course Dec 2, You don't need to own a FEC to attend.

Sawdustguy,

Just invite Phil and a couple of other locals over to your house, throw some wood on the Lang and put Phil in front of it. The lesson begins.

Steve

DRBBQ (Ray Lampe) is putting together a class for early Dec.
Still in planning phase.

Date and location not set yet-but should be in FL (assumption on my part here),
If so, you could get a winter vacation to MouseLand in with some great instruction.
You are probably just gonna have to travel--so make it fun.

It will be worth every penny
icon_biggrin.gif

Keep an eye on his website if you are interested.

Kevin's class should be a "winner" also--he sure is!!!!!!!!!!

TIM

Steve and Tim,

Good to hear about Dr. BBQ's class. Great idea about Phil, that is my backup plan. Our Q is sometimes good, sometimes not so good. We are doing this by the seat of our pants by trial and error and it sure would be nice to spend some time with someone that has done this before a few times so we become more consistent especially with chicken and pork. This site has been a big help but I guess I am a bit impatient to gain some knowledge. I am sure we will learn to get it right on our own eventually but with some guidance, I am confidant we can be competitive next year (I may be dreaming). Thank you guys for all you input as it is always appreciated.

Guy

Back