• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

REPORT with PRON

Coldholler

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
On this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120795

4:30 -- starting the Kingsford comp charcoal. Mainly to ignite oak chunks that I debarked and split.

Those butts went on at 5am. The turkeys went on at 7am. I foiled the butts when they stalled, around 8.

Fire+in+the+chimney.jpg

Fatties went on with two hours left, around 11am. I pounded three pounds of locally-raised and produced breakfast sausage flat over three latticeworks of bacon, sprinkled dry rub and cheese inside, and rolled them into tight logs.

Into+the+smoker.jpg

Encouraging the meat to cook the best way he knows how! Dawn broke.

Foild+and+ready.jpg

The turkeys came out perfect -- after brining for 24 hours and smoking on oak for 6.5 at 250, they were juicy smoky goodness!

Singing+to+the+food.jpg

I took the butts off when they reached 203d, after about 8 hours, and wrapped them in a cooler for another hour before pulling them. Amazing. Great smoke ring, too!

Pulled%2521.jpg

The fatties were great -- I'm always doing that bacon thing, from now on.

Fatties%2521.jpg

Mike's wife Axelle, from France, brought some amazing foie gras, which was sublime on the fatty, washed down with a bit of pinot noir.

Foies+gras+fatty%2521.jpg

Dang...no wonder I've been having so many issues with my smoked turkeys, I forgot to Sing to them!:p

Dang...no wonder I've been having so many issues with my smoked turkeys, I forgot to Sing to them!:p

I've been wondering about that myself! I've heard of singing to your plants to make them happy and grow better, but to your food? Hmmmmm..............
Love the color on the birds, and those fatties look incredible! I'll bet that pork was pretty tasty, for sure.

Back