• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rubs

B

bbqpigskin

I don't know how many of you have tried Klose rubs, but I can honestly say that they are some of the best I've ever used. I did a couple of beer butt chickens with Klose Poultry Rub and used the Brisket Rub on some tri tip. It was some of the best grill/que that I have ever put on the table! It went so fast, I did not even have time to take pics to share. If you have not tried Klose Rubs, go tho the web site and order some. You will not be disappointed!

Disclaimer: No you Farkers, I'm not getting paid for this promotion!

I have used the Sweet Texas Brisket Rub and it is exceptional.

I must try Klose's soon! For now ... Jay (Spicewine) has me very pleased ...

.... with Hen & Hog rub and I am planning to add Heifer Dust soon.

A bit OT, but I am REALLY sold on his Smokin' Cracker BBQ Sauce! It is so nicely balanced and complex that everything we've taste-tested next to it is very simple and common by comparison. Blue Collar and Sweet Heat are next for us.

So many great rubs out there ..... I just received (yesterday and today) sample packs from Ken Stone (Florida) and Dizzy Pig (Chris Capell__Fairfax, VA). These are 'out-of-the-mainstream' creative rubs that I hope will offer a fresh alternative for some special cooks.

Both have interesting websites. (std. disclaimer .... no personal or business connection whatsoever).

ZILLA said:
I make my own rubs. They are better than anything you can buy. Just like good Q.

I am trying a "base" recipe from one of DrBBQ's books. So far I like the way it tastes and cooks. Now I can start tweaking my own recipe. I brew my own beer and that is how I make my own recipes. Start with a known baseline and adjust from there.

I have tried Spicewine's and TexasBBQ's rubs. I like them very much, but I also like to experiment. I probably have about 8 different commercial rubs in my cabinet for when I just want experiment with the meat and not the rub.

Back