Bigger smoker for "cheap"

chefpyro116

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I new here and have been smoking for a few years on my WSM. I've gotten pretty good with pulled pork and ribs, but i can only do 3 racks on my WSM and I want to do more to feed the rest of the family. Looking for recommendations for a bigger smoker but not enough to break the bank. I'm in Michigan and need something well built as well.
Would a PBC work for my needs or maybe a pellet smoker? What's a good brand to start with?
Thanks for the input and help!
Cheers!
Jeremy

Wasn't there a guy here a couple months ago doing a big, big cook an a WSM? Like 9 or 16 racks or something? I'll have to look it up.

Check out the gateway hanging rack on Amazon it will fit your wsm I think it's around 50 dollars will save you alot of money if you just need more room for ribs it will work just fine

I searched for the thread I referenced. But seriously - by coiling them I think he got this phenomenal amount of ribs on a WSM.

Which WSM do you have? If a 14" or 18", consider upsizing to a 22".

I have the 22" and it can cook a ton of food. 4 butts, 2 briskets, or 2 turkeys? No problem. Ribs I can do 4 spares flat or more on a rib rack.

If you need more than that, I believe that Cajun Bandit makes a stacker for the WSM.

- OR -

Build a UDS.

I agree with the others, if you are looking to save funds, stay with the WSM, it is a good smoker. Take a look at the third party accessories as described above.

You won't find a big smoker for cheaper, and you'll get exactly what you pay for, (including the headaches and remorse LOL).

Back