Tribute to brethren, a few specifics and my countdown!

Tony A

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well my friends I came to this site not too long ago when I first got really excited and wanted to get into some real serious BBQ. I got a ton of information great tips and have honed my q skills to no where near professional but I make some dam good q now. More than any for all my successful builds and cooks I have to thank JM, PWA and sandiegobbq. They along with everyone else on this site helped me learn to cook on charcoal and in no time flat had me from a smokey joe gold to a min wsm to an Akorn.
Unfortunately my hectic life kicked in between graduating college and bouncing around to find what line of work suits me and now getting engaged last month I had not been on here in too long. But now that I have everything worked out I'm back on q heavy.
I would like to thank all the brethren and especially those specifically named above for all the help I've gotten and will continue to get here even when I fell off the map for a while I was welcomed back with open arms and no hard feelings.

With all that said!!!! In less than 12 hours my brand new basically fully loaded primo oval xl will be delivered and set up in my yard can not wait to welcome the new family member !!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
It truly is a most special place.:nod:

Glad to have you sticking with us!:cool:

Tony congrats on graduating from college and getting engaged, life is good and seems to be getting better. Best of luck with your new cooker.

Tony congrats on graduating from college and getting engaged, life is good and seems to be getting better. Best of luck with your new cooker.

Are you referencing his new Primo, or his wife to be? Any way congratulations on both, and may you have many excellent meals and good times. (regardless of whoever does the cooking)

Blessings,

Omar

Hey Tony... glad to see you back online... we have often wondered what happened to you... lol... you were getting ready for exam week at school and poof.... never heard from you again :)

Anyway... wow on the primo! I have had a few grill changes on the Man Cave patio since we last talked too.... (see signature).

Thanks for the shout out also :) I got a LOT of GREAT HELP from members of this site when I first got started also. They helped me choose my first smoker (The WSM 18.5) and then supported me through the UDS build as well. Besides that, I learned how to cook good Q from reading and asking questions here as well...

Welcome back to cyber-reality :)

Tony thats fantastic!! Man Glad you got the schooling knocked out!! Congrats on the Primo XL me and JM were just talking about that the other night. Lets see some pic of your first cook on that thing. Hop in Chat again... you know were there almost every night :)

pwa

Back