MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
weekendwood
Found some matches.

Default where do I compete

I live in wichita kansas and was wondering where I could find a contest that has an amature class. I have never competed before and think it would be a great oppertunity to learn from the pros.
And on another note, does anyone know where I can get a good smoker for about $400. I like the offset firebox type.
weekendwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

The bandera at $200 is a good choice.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
BrooklynQ
Banned

Take a look at the KCBS website for contest listings http://www.kcbs.us
If you're not ready for a full blown event, look for events that have grilling contests or backyard competitions as well. They're probably a good place to start.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Quote:
backyard competitions
In these competitions (usually) you compete in Ribs and Chicken only. Check the KCBS website calander for contests in your area, and e-mail the organizer to see what formats they have at their particular event.

Also, don't rule out entering a regular KCBS event. Teams that know you're competing in your first event will be very helpful, and you'll have a great time.
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
Doorbusters
Full Fledged Farker

There is a tailgate division at the Wildcat BBQ battle. It will give you a good idea of what to do. There is an open division as well that you can hang out in. The entry fee is only $30 and it is ribs only, but should have a large comp. feel to it.