MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Weber Tour

Im sure most have seen this but for those that havent !!

1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
mbshop
Babbling Farker

seen something a little shorter than that before. just boggles the mind the amount of webers sold every year.

Last edited by mbshop; 01-09-2013 at 07:00 PM..
mbshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

God I love Weber... still made right here in the USA too!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

Thanks for posting, haven't seen that. Huntley is just around the corner from me.
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nope. Never seen this before. Thanks for posting!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
Midnight Smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Pretty cool, thanks for posting. There was a episode on "How It's Made" on TV awhile back, interesting stuff.

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That is a cool video. I have/had many weber products including WSM, 26", 22", WGA...
Recently I have see their quality declining specifically the thickness of the porcelain enamel. It seems to have happened in about the last 3 years. Now it will chip off quite easily whereas in the past you had to hit it with a truck. Also, the last 2 I ordered showed up with damaged lids/kettles (dings in the porcelain enamel). Weber happily replaced them but kind of a pain.....

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
LT72884
Babbling Farker

that brought tears to me eyes.. dont tell me wife please

Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
That is a cool video. I have/had many weber products including WSM, 26", 22", WGA...
Recently I have see their quality declining specifically the thickness of the porcelain enamel. It seems to have happened in about the last 3 years. Now it will chip off quite easily whereas in the past you had to hit it with a truck. Also, the last 2 I ordered showed up with damaged lids/kettles (dings in the porcelain enamel). Weber happily replaced them but kind of a pain.....
Hey Marty !

I notice that as well comparing an older to a new one ... But The 26.75 Appears to have heavy coating ,Do you notice a diff on your s say compared to a new 22 ?? The lid on my 26 feels very "solid" so to speak not "tinny" like on 22
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

good find, thank you for sharing!
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

I have a 2010 OTP that does feel a little light in the lid. No chips or dings to speak of, but I do notice a difference between it and my 2006 Performer, although the handle is placed differently so lifting each feels different. My 26 feels like it was forged in a volcano by viking warriors.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Bought our dad a 26 for christmas and its the worst finish ive ever seen on a weber. I would have sent it back but nothing was really "That bad" to ttry to get a new lid and bowl. though for 300 I should have tried. 2 spots had the enamel worn down to the metal.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Bought our dad a 26 for christmas and its the worst finish ive ever seen on a weber. I would have sent it back but nothing was really "That bad" to ttry to get a new lid and bowl. though for 300 I should have tried. 2 spots had the enamel worn down to the metal.
I would definitely call them.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Without a doubt, Weber will make it right, call them! best customer service I've ever experienced!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote