Reheating pulled pork

HawkeyeQue

Reaction score
OK Brethren, I need your advice, I was assigned dinner one night for a group of race fans who will be out camping at the track this weekend. I've always just pulled my butts and served immediately so have never had to come up with a plan to smoke the day before. I will have Coleman camp stoves, a Smokey Joe, and probably the oven in the camper as options. What will give me the best results in heating up a butt that was pulled the day before? my initial thought was to add an apple juice/cider vinegar splash and heat it slowly on a cast iron on the Coleman but I'm open to any suggestions.

I second the crock pot/roasting oven idea if you have one available.

Pull it after resting as you normally would, store it in refridge/cooler overnight - pull out and warm up. Add a touch of apple juice as needed while warming.

Turkey fryer and a large pot, put some apple juice in to get the moisture going then add the sauce you like and simmer over the turkey fryer, will also work with a one flame stove top and the like.

I just did this yesterday. My cook finished at 5:30am but the party wasnt' until 3pm. I let it res for about 3 hours and pulled it. Then put it into the firidge in freezer bags. Went to the party took out the bags and let them sit in a pan of warm-hot water. - NOTE: Do NOT boil freezer bags as the plastic is not meant for that. Then into a electric large roasting pan.

I also added about a quarter cup of equal parts water and cider vinegar with a little sweet baby rays mixed in. Worked perfectly.

I second the crock pot/roasting oven idea if you have one available.

Pull it after resting as you normally would, store it in refridge/cooler overnight - pull out and warm up. Add a touch of apple juice as needed while warming.

That's how I do it. I have at times added just a bit of the rub that was used along with the apple juice. If I am wanting a sweet cue (which I personally prefer), I will add a little brown sugar to taste. People always ask what that good flavor is in the meat. :p

Back