Made a cart for my Weber kettle.

PigBeter

Knows what a fatty is.
I haven't used my gas grill for about 3 years other than using the side burner to light my chimney. I didn't want to get rid of the gas grill because it was a gift from the in-laws, so I decided that I was gonna gut it and make it a charcoal grill or scrap the grill and use the frame for a cart for the kettle. Well I finally decided to make it into a cart for the kettle. I haven't grilled on it yet, but seeing the way things are set up I think I'll enjoy the kettle much more!!

The first thing the cart does is lifts the grill up quite a bit which is good for me because at 6'1" the kettle was kind of low. The second part that I love is obviously having a little space to work and set stuff while I grill, and the third is having the attached chimney starter:clap2:
It is a 1979 kettle so it has the three daisy wheels on the bottom, which aren't any more of a pain to adjust now than they were before

The only downside I have noticed as of now is that I won't be able to hang the lid as easily now...I can still hang it around the backside, but that may be an inconvenience. Luckily I have a picnic table a couple feet from the grill so I'll more than likely lay it there, as I did anyway because I hated when the lid fell off the ketle when I took it off.

Here are a couple pics of what I rigged up.

mms_picture-7.jpg

mms_picture-6.jpg

I guess the in-laws won't be coming over for supper anytime soon or are you just gonna keep a cover on it and hope they don't notice?

I guess the in-laws won't be coming over for supper anytime soon or are you just gonna keep a cover on it and hope they don't notice?

Haha, at least it makes my conscience feel a little better than trashing it all together! My Father-in-law frequently asks me if I still use it, now at least I can tell him yes!

Both the in-laws get it too, they prefer the charcoal over the gasser, and I often try and give them samples!

That's a red webber. I hope it didn't get damaged with this mod. It is definitely cool, but I just don't want to see a redhead get farked up. :shocked:

CD

That's a red webber. I hope it didn't get damaged with this mod. It is definitely cool, but I just don't want to see a redhead get farked up. :shocked:

CD

Didn't get messed up at all, just took the wheels off and put them in storage! I wanted to keep the legs on so that it would still hold the ash catcher and it worked perfectly!:-D

Didn't get messed up at all, just took the wheels off and put them in storage! I wanted to keep the legs on so that it would still hold the ash catcher and it worked perfectly!:-D

The society for the preservation of red Webers thanks you. :becky:

CD

Love it.I had a $$$$$ table built for my LBGE.My Mom's old woodhandled Weber Kettle now resides there.The LBGE is in a Nest/w/Handler.WAY more better. :thumb:

Very nice :thumb: I love the creativity and simplicity. Here is the project I built over the summer. Still working on it but it is a functional cooking tool now.

IMAG0595.jpg

Colonel that looks real nice, and I'm sure it makes grilling a real pleasure!!

Hopefully one day I'll make something like that!

Back