• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your favorite cut of beef?

Sprawling_Homeowner

Reaction score
Hanger steak? Flank steak? Tri-tip? Rib eye? Porterhouse? Filet mignon? Skirt steak?

For me, tri-tip (rump cap and called "picanha" by the Brazilians who eat it so heavily), followed very closely by rib eye. Skirt steak is very, very flavorful too... I only find it a bit labor-intensive because I tend to trim as much fat as I can and given it's a very fibrous cut, it's a lot of nitpicking with a small knife.

Got BBQs coming in the next few weekends. One of them is for family.... gonna throw some USDA prime tri-tip and USDA choice rib eyes on the grill. I can't wait.

MMMM thats a hard one.. I have to pick two :icon_blush:
Hanger steak and Ribeyes :biggrin:

Honestly...no favorite here. Anything that can be smoked, grilled, stewed, braised, baked, broiled, fried, or even eaten raw...if it's beef...it's what's for dinner.*

*Can't figure how to put the trademark logo here, but I don't wanna get in trouble for infringement:roll:. Just pretend, ok:biggrin:

Depends on my mood, Ribeye or Porterhouse for grilled steak, Flank or Skirt for fajitas or steak salad, ground Sirloin for burgers, boneless Rump for stew, Tenderloin for Beef Wellington, Brisket for BBQ or chili.

So much meat, so little time.

Chuck

DSC06558JPGa.jpg

DSC06332JPGa.jpg

Hmmmm, this a a hard one. A Tri-Tip is an exceptional piece of meat, and really easy too cook. But if I had to pick my favorite cut ..... (and I'm the one doing the cutting) ..... I would go with a whole tenderloin. You can make a roast or two different kinds of steaks. I like to refer to the chain steaks as chicken fries. :biggrin:

Whole Ribeye or Tri Tip for smoking, Ribeye steak for grilling.

Standing Rib Roast. Definitely....

Roasted in the oven. Smoked. Deep fried in a turkey fryer. doesn't matter.

Good eats.

Back