Possible Swine Flu Epidemic Worldwide??

J

jazzspot

Possible Swine Flu Epidemic Worldwide??

MEXICO CITY — Mexico closed its schools across its capital Friday after at least 16 otherwise healthy people died and more than 900 others fell ill from what could be a new strain of swine flu. The World Health Organization worried that it could mark the start of a flu pandemic.
Scientists in the U.S. and Mexico were trying to determine if the deaths were due to the same new strain of swine flu that sickened seven people in Texas and California.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came home from work and havent heard anything about it until now. It could be a real bad thing. I love pork!!!

Just an FYI, I am very closely involded with this due to my job.

As of right now, there is NO connection between this Flu and Pigs.

It is called the "Swine Flu" becuause this strain is normally found in pigs.

None of the people (in the US) that were infected had anything to do with pigs and it does not appears to be connected to food (pork)

Oink, oink, whats for dinner.

Pete

Just an FYI, I am very closely involded with this due to my job.

As of right now, there is NO connection between this Flu and Pigs.

It is called the "Swine Flu" becuause this strain is normally found in pigs.

None of the people (in the US) that were infected had anything to do with pigs and it does not appears to be connected to food (pork)

Oink, oink, whats for dinner.

Pete
Well thats good news,,i mean the part about pigs not being guilty,,:icon_shock1:

Sweet, I am a big fan of pork. I dont want to see any of them getting the flu.....:-D

Jeeesh! I saw this on the news as I was rubbing and injecting some butts for tomorrow. I will cook to an internal of 200 just to be safe.

Don't do that, it isn't an issue. 200 and your butt will be yukky. Stick with your normal cook. Scott

Back