1st UDS Brisket, KISS!

StanDaMan79

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
An acronym and my style. So, for my first ever brisket, not to mention using my UDS, I followed that outline of the "Basic Brisket Tutorial". Simple rub, and got my UDS going around 10 last night. I'm very happy the way it turned out, you all know the steps, so I'll just show some pic's. Thanks to those here who have contributed to the knowledge base here, that helps first timers like me enjoy sucess. I will mention that I was very impressed, with how the UDS held temp, with the outside temp below 40 last night. Filled my basket and finished the 13 hour cook with slightly less then half a basket. Very Cool!

I wrapped the flat to slice later for the French Dip sandwiches I've got planned. All the trimmings went into a skillet, along with some onion and Worcestershire sauce to make some Au Jus.
I"ll take pictures of the sandwiches later. thanks for looking!

I pray that everyone, before they end their BBQ careers and slip into the white tennis shoe wearing Furrs/Golden Corral cafeteria dining crowd, know and appreciate barrel cooked food.

Looks GREAT

Thanks all. My first time success is based firmly from you guys here, so my hats off to you all too. I've cooked a lot of meat in a barrel, but not in anything like this UDS. I look forward to every weekend, and cruise the threads here to find something new to try.
Having the ability to sustain low cook temps over a long period , in a steel drum, in the fall, is something I'm pretty excited about

My wife is just as entusiastic about this as I am. We're having a large crowd over for Thanksgiving, she is now adding Brisket to the menu. :clap2:

Back