Brisket cherry being popped! (Pr0n)

So, any other recommendations other than Bryan's yummy grilled onions and provolone?
Ill definitely make a red wine onion gravy for some of it, thanks for the advice Titch, a fave in our kitchen too mate.

lordy this beef fat rendering is giving off a super mouthwatering aroma!

Got The Cure playing loud, brisket smell is driving us nuts and TFO just bought me a longneck of Atomic Pale Ale, coz its Mercun!
Lamb burgers are resting and life is pretty sweet!

You bastiges are ignoring me so Ivestarted on the wine!
Ha!
Started talking to myself too!
Ha!

Looking good so far. Remember to cook it until every part of it probes very easily. If you feel resistance in the center still, leave it on. When it's done, rest it rapped in foil and towels in a cooler or no towels in a warm oven for about 2 hours. Slice against the grain and enjoy!

We like to eat ours with baked beans, cornbread and potato salad.

Man, now I really want to cook a brisket.

Looking good so far. Remember to cook it until every part of it probes very easily. If you feel resistance in the center still, leave it on. When it's done, rest it rapped in foil and towels in a cooler or no towels in a warm oven for about 2 hours. Slice against the grain and enjoy!

We like to eat ours with baked beans, cornbread and potato salad.

Man, now I really want to cook a brisket.

Thanks brother, I appreciate the post.
I just probed it and I still have string resistance so we keep a rocking on.
I rally would love to make my first cornbread but we have a national infestation of closet moths that are screwing up grains.
Oh well, maybe some damper will do.

Those drippings that will stick to a pan, that I assume your sober enough to be catching.
will make the best onion gravy.
pour off the oil and use the sticky bits:thumb:

Those drippings that will stick to a pan, that I assume your sober enough to be catching.
will make the best onion gravy.
pour off the oil and use the sticky bits:thumb:

Yep, I am cooking in a foil base for that very reason my knowledgable friend!
:thumb:
Cannot wait for the tasting!
Sober now, but no idea if I will be when we hit action stations:icon_blush:

Thanks brother, I appreciate the post.
I just probed it and I still have string resistance so we keep a rocking on.
I rally would love to make my first cornbread but we have a national infestation of closet moths that are screwing up grains.
Oh well, maybe some damper will do.
You put it on a little over 3 hours ago at 225*F, it's gonna take at least 10 hours to get to tender. I start to test for tenderness after the center of the flat (watch out for the fat in the middle, don't take that temp) has reached about 185*F. You have a ways to go. Sit back and enjoy a few drinks while I go catch a few winks.

Trust your cooking instincts. You want it tender. Anything short of that will be dry and tough. :thumb:

And don't be surprised if it sits at 160*F or so for a long time. Like a few hours maybe. That's the stall.

And don't be surprised if it sits at 160*F or so for a long time. Like a few hours maybe. That's the stall.

I'm a cook.
I don't use thermometers, I prefer to...fark it up....

:bolt:

All kidding aside, I just prod and probe, I don't use a thermometer.

Bucc.
Both mine took about 10 to 12 hours then I rested.
I believe they go into a long stall due to the heave marbling.
Some one step in and feel free to comment on that please

I'm a cook.
I don't use thermometers, I prefer to...fark it up....

:bolt:

All kidding aside, I just prod and probe, I don't use a thermometer.

Poke and prod is best for brisket. You are on the right track.

Bucc.
Both mine took about 10 to 12 hours then I rested.
I believe they go into a long stall due to the heave marbling.
Some one step in and feel free to comment on that please

It's the connective tissue and collagens that are breaking down that cause the stall. The stall is a good thing.

Temps have climbed to 350, am working on lowering that.
The cut is supportive of the stomachs, there has to besome serious cable type collagen strands there to break down.
Thanks Titch, I was thinking it will be sooner so good to hear that bro!

Still there bucc? Hows it going? Missed the first part of "Brisket Live". At the L.A. Dodger game watching them clear the benches and fight. Apparently, your not supposed to hit the other guy with the baseball. 3 times :shocked: Hows the meat?

Temps have climbed to 350, am working on lowering that.
The cut is supportive of the stomachs, there has to besome serious cable type collagen strands there to break down.
Thanks Titch, I was thinking it will be sooner so good to hear that bro!
The cow actually doesn't have a collar bone, so the brisket is responsible for supporting over half of the steer's weight. That is why it's so tough, it's doing a bone's job.

More reading if you have nothing better to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisket

Back