Yet Another Newb from NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaptainJimmy

Hey guys... I've been lurking on the board for a couple weeks, i finally decided to register and start posting...The posters on this board that i've seen so far are pretty sassy and funny...perfect

I've been pseudo-Qing for a year or so with my GOSM gasser, but that just wasn't good enough. I missed all the nice charcoal flavor and the atomic wedgie you get on butts etc from smoking with real charcoal.

I stumbled into a BGE rescue and finally got myself a real cooker yesterday.

Some pix from my first cook on it (i wasn't prepared to do any sort of cooking yesterday, as I didn't want to jynx myself before i ACTUALLY got it home and started it up)

Just some chicken i quick defrosted. I rubbed it with some random rub i had laying around after defrosting it, basted it with duck sauce (again, what i had laying around)halfway through. The veggies were again, all I had laying around - thinly sliced all purpose potatoes, red onion, evoo & 1/2 pack onion soup.

a little flare up... woops.

Looks Great!

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Welcome and enjoy the ride:icon_bigsmil

Hey fellow Jersey'n Captain. Welcome also to you to the group. Where in Annandale were you? I live in the villiage on Maple Ave.

Welcome fellow Eggheader. You're gonna love it around here, lots of Eggers in here. Grab a cold one and have some fun.

Welcome Brother, enjoy the forum.

Welcome from the very top end of NJ. Glad you saved that BGE. Hate to see them get put down when nobody adopts them. :rolleyes:

This is the best web forum I have ever come across. Friendly bunch of farkers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back