Advice on Weber kettle fins

Higgledy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The fins (air inlet adjusters) on the bottom of my 22” kettle have a gap between the kettle and the fin letting in air. Therefore, I can’t control the temperature well. Is there a way to bend them back into position or do I need to buy new fins? Again. Thanks.

I slid a putty knife or something similar under the blade at the base, it raised the outer edge up then I pushed it down. It worked pretty good but it also may have stressed the metal a little.

If you're still under warranty Weber will replace them for free, otherwise you can buy a new set.

After replacing mine twice because they had welded themselves to the kettle I just removed them. Temp control is from the top vent only now. Works for my purposes.

The newer style H sweeps should have a certain amount of tention against the bowl for a good seal. When replacing mine I really had to press the center of the sweeps down hard to get the clip and handle installed. Also if you decide that replacing them is necessary, you have the option to go stainless.

Back