MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
Higgledy
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Advice on Weber kettle fins

The fins (air inlet adjusters) on the bottom of my 22” kettle have a gap between the kettle and the fin letting in air. Therefore, I can’t control the temperature well. Is there a way to bend them back into position or do I need to buy new fins? Again. Thanks.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

I slid a putty knife or something similar under the blade at the base, it raised the outer edge up then I pushed it down. It worked pretty good but it also may have stressed the metal a little.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #3
poorolddan
Full Fledged Farker

remove-staighten-re-install
poorolddan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Adam05
Found some matches.

If you're still under warranty Weber will replace them for free, otherwise you can buy a new set.
Adam05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
JohnH12
Full Fledged Farker

After replacing mine twice because they had welded themselves to the kettle I just removed them. Temp control is from the top vent only now. Works for my purposes.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
SlickRockStones
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Gary

The newer style H sweeps should have a certain amount of tention against the bowl for a good seal. When replacing mine I really had to press the center of the sweeps down hard to get the clip and handle installed. Also if you decide that replacing them is necessary, you have the option to go stainless.
SlickRockStones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Weber 22.5