MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Big Jim BBQ
Take a breath!

Default iQue 110

I'm considering getting an iQue 110 to use with my UDS. I'd like some feed back from you guys with some pros and cons and whether or not it is worth the cost. Any promo codes around that you are aware of? Is the DigiQ worth the difference in cost since I already have a Maverick ET-732 thermometer or am I making an apples to oranges comparison.

Thanks for your advice.

[B]Charbroil CB940X[/B]
[B]Charbroil Bandera and an Old NB Bandera (in restoration)[/B]
[B]Charbroil [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR][COLOR=black] infrared[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black]Small Charbroil gasser (sorry), Weber Performer, Thermos Grill-to - Go[/COLOR][/B]
[B]UDS x 2[/B]
[B]Super-Fast, Splash Proof, Precisely Accurate, Highly Visible [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] Thermapen[/B]
[B]Fast, Accurate and Shipped Free [COLOR=navy]BLUE [/COLOR]Thermapen, Maverick ET-73, Maverick ET-732 x2[/B]
Big Jim BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

I've used the iQue 110 on the CG Offset about a half dozen times now. It sure made my life easier by maintaining a consistent temp. I imagine consistent temps wouldn't be as much of a problem with a UDS due to its design. Cheers!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
deerslayer8153
On the road to being a farker

I've been considering either the iQue or a Guru too for a UDS.

I want to be able to get a good night's sleep on overnight cooks and not worry about it!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

It looks like a great product. reviews seem mixed. from the greatest invention since fire to doesnt even come close to working. at 135 bucks, its a very well priced unit and you dont need to have computer networking skills either to use it.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
smokeyw
is One Chatty Farker

I use one on my UDS and love it. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have no reservations about setting it and going to bed. I do have the alarm set on my Maverick and it is on the night stand beside me but I have had no issues at all. I don't believe you can beat it for the money. Money well spent

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Big Jim BBQ
Take a breath!

Is pitmasterIQ.com the only place to buy these?

[B]Charbroil CB940X[/B]
[B]Charbroil Bandera and an Old NB Bandera (in restoration)[/B]
[B]Charbroil [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR][COLOR=black] infrared[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black]Small Charbroil gasser (sorry), Weber Performer, Thermos Grill-to - Go[/COLOR][/B]
[B]UDS x 2[/B]
[B]Super-Fast, Splash Proof, Precisely Accurate, Highly Visible [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] Thermapen[/B]
[B]Fast, Accurate and Shipped Free [COLOR=navy]BLUE [/COLOR]Thermapen, Maverick ET-73, Maverick ET-732 x2[/B]
Big Jim BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
jimithing78
Full Fledged Farker

I have one and have used it probably 5 times on my WSM. It does exactly what it's supposed to do - you set it and it holds the temp. I chose it over the other systems just because of the price. It's a no frills system, there's no logging or checking current status on your computer but if you just need something to hold your temp while you sleep or run errands then this will do the job.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
BRBBQ
Babbling Farker

Works great on my Stumps and would buy another..

Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
K-Barbecue
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

I've been using a Guru for two years now on my WSM. One of the best purchases I've made. Set your temp and not worry about it.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have an 1Que 110 on my WSM, and it works great. I would expect it to work just as well on a UDS.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
JONESY
is one Smokin' Farker

I use my iq110 on my wsm, my weber 22 kettle, and my ceramic cooker, it does exactly what its supposed to do everything. It's a no frills unit, but that is what I wanted, and for the price you can't go wrong

Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I am interested in one as well. Does anyone know the specs on the power supplies that work with this unit? $17 for an AC adapter is a bit pricey when I probably have one around the house that will work.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
I am interested in one as well. Does anyone know the specs on the power supplies that work with this unit? $17 for an AC adapter is a bit pricey when I probably have one around the house that will work.
Mine came with an AC adapter cord.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #14
BRBBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
The unit comes with a power cord, somewhere he has a video hooking the unit up to batteries just incase the cord breaks

Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Qing
Knows what a fatty is.

I've got one and like it. No frills - but it works. Dependent upon how efficient your particular cooker is, you may need to choke down the air flow. The fan is a 5 to 15 as I recall and can push a lot of air in hurry which is why I think some folks have problems. After all, its designed for a kettle/WSM neither of which are air tight IMHO. Best price for a pit controller if that's all you want. If you want the bells and whistles or will want them in the future - go ahead and bite the bullet. You'll be happier and will save money by not purchasing a pit master twice. You can always get one and sell it later. I think they go around $100 on this site and craigs list.
Qing is offline   Reply With Quote