May 12, 2010 KCBS Bod agenda posted

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The agenda for the May 12, 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors has been posted on the WWW.KCBS.US web site.

http://kcbs.us/news.php?id=241

If you desire to listen to the meeting or register to speak to the Board you must do so by 7:00 May 11, 2010. Forms available from the KCBS office.

Merl Whitebook
Secretary, KCBS

Do we have to call the office to get access to listen in and/or speak? Whats the process?

Very interesting agenda...

Resignation
Smoke on the Water requesting full sanctioning of several events
Smoke on the Water Daytona, now called Smoke on the Water Daytona BBQ Pitmasters

good luck to all

From 2/5/2010 board meeting...

Candy Weaver made the following motion:
In the event during the term of any board member, their position becomes open, then the policy to fill the vacancy is as follows:

If a member of the board ceases to serve in the capacity as a member of the Board, during an unexpired term, then the vacancy shall be filled in the following manner:
The board opening shall remain vacant until the next general election of Board members. The vacancy shall be filled by the candidate receiving the 5th highest vote count. (in the event of multiple vacancies, then the 6th, and so on.) The candidate receiving the 5th (and the like) highest vote count shall serve the remaining term of vacant board seat.
The motion was seconded by Merl Whitebook.

Vote:
10 yes, 1 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to adopt a policy for the replacement of vacant Board seat, passes.

Ain't that interesting, Todd?

I just report the news. I don't comment on it.

BUT, it does look like we could be vote in essentially five positions next year instead of the usual four if the resignation is approved. This is the way the members should look at it, 4 votes to elect 5 people next election.

Still got those plastic lips for kissin' butts?

I just report the news. I don't comment on it.

BUT, it does look like we could be vote in essentially five positions next year instead of the usual four if the resignation is approved. This is the way the members should look at it, 4 votes to elect 5 people next election.

Still got those plastic lips for kissin' butts?

Gonna have to give it a long and thoughtful consideration first, Todd.

You got about six months. Anything to take your focus off of winning right now is okay by me. :heh:

You got about six months. Anything to take your focus off of winning right now is okay by me. :heh:

LOL!!! :laugh: That's exactly one of the things I'll have to consider. 2010 is already a better year than any whole year we've ever had in barbecue and we're really enjoying ourselves this year. Hate to lose out on that.

By the way... where are you cooking on Father's Day and your birthday next year? :twisted:

From 2/5/2010 board meeting...

Candy Weaver made the following motion:
In the event during the term of any board member, their position becomes open, then the policy to fill the vacancy is as follows:

If a member of the board ceases to serve in the capacity as a member of the Board, during an unexpired term, then the vacancy shall be filled in the following manner:
The board opening shall remain vacant until the next general election of Board members. The vacancy shall be filled by the candidate receiving the 5th highest vote count. (in the event of multiple vacancies, then the 6th, and so on.) The candidate receiving the 5th (and the like) highest vote count shall serve the remaining term of vacant board seat.
The motion was seconded by Merl Whitebook.

Vote:
10 yes, 1 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to adopt a policy for the replacement of vacant Board seat, passes.

I hate to fight this battle again...As the lone newbie on the board, I was NOT allowed to make or second motions in February. The minutes were rewritten to reflect that Merl made the motion and Don seconded. It is my personal opinion that leaving a seat vacant for this long a period (8 months) may be a mistake. This topic was not addressed at all in this evenings board meeting. Listen to the podcast!

I hate to fight this battle again...As the lone newbie on the board, I was NOT allowed to make or second motions in February. The minutes were rewritten to reflect that Merl made the motion and Don seconded. It is my personal opinion that leaving a seat vacant for this long a period (8 months) may be a mistake. This topic was not addressed at all in this evenings board meeting. Listen to the podcast!
I agree, 8 months is to long! I hope the podcast is better than last month, It made me embarrassed to admit I belonged to the KCBS. With all of the bickering and all. Now I know why some members of the Board did not want the podcast.

I'd like to see the re-written minutes. I know Candy did not make this motion. Although it is beyond me why the Board would try to tell someone who was legitimately elected to the Board by a huge majority that that person could not make or second any motions in February. That in itself is a crock of chit!

I now FULLY understand why the real person making the motion wanted it this way. It's clearly sunken in tonight...

Back