easterlamb-018.jpg

easterlamb-020.jpg

easterlamb-025.jpg

easterlamb-023.jpg

easterlamb-026.jpg

easterlamb-027.jpg

easterlamb-028.jpg

:biggrin:

I've pretty much run out of adjectives for Rick's food pron. It just makes me sick...sick with envy that is.

Wow, looks fantastic, who would have expexted that ? :roll:

easterlamb-025.jpg

Um.... :-o

Whats the point of this ? Voodoo Lamb ? :biggrin:

DM

again Rick you have out done yourself

when do you open up your own school of the egg?

smoke on brother

Wow, looks fantastic, who would have expexted that ? :roll:

Um.... :-o

Whats the point of this ? Voodoo Lamb ? :biggrin:

DM

those are handles to aid in puttin on and taking off the egg! :biggrin:

I've never been a fan of lamb...too funky for my tastebuds...but I'd have to hit those!:p

I've never been a fan of lamb...too funky for my tastebuds...but I'd have to hit those!:p

ya know, i've heard people say that lamb was too "gamy" for them... this was NOT "gamy" at all. the chops are like sweet beef steak and the lollipops are like... HEAVEN! and the boneless legs were like tender and sweet and good and nice and tasty! :biggrin:
so good, my niece and nephew couldn't get enough!

i submit to you, if you've had lamb that was "funky" or "gamy" it was bad meat or wasn't prepared properly

easterlamb-030.jpg

easterlamb-029.jpg

ya know, i've heard people say that lamb was too "gamy" for them... this was NOT "gamy" at all. the chops are like sweet beef steak and the lollipops are like... HEAVEN! and the boneless legs were like tender and sweet and good and nice and tasty! :biggrin:
so good, my niece and nephew couldn't get enough!

i submit to you, if you've had lamb that was "funky" or "gamy" it was bad meat or wasn't prepared properly

easterlamb-030.jpg

easterlamb-029.jpg

Gotta fess up here a bit bro...most of my lamb tasting experience was when I was in the Navy on board a ship or two. It was served up with mint jelly...the most horrible stuff I've ever tasted in my life. I HAVE had a decent rack on occasion at a nice restaurant that was pretty good washed down with a nice Cabernet.

Rick - what'd you rub the leg with and what temp did you go to. Gotta try this - been debating for awhile - but I'd like some facts @ $4.99 lb. Looks to good to pass up! Nice looking meat and pics.

Rick when will you make your big debute on the food channel? I'm not kidding your stuff looks better than most of the food they show on Tv You also good at describing your food this is no chit.

More things on the to do list

Looks great. I was eyeing up some lamb today, but hadn't heard much about it. You showed me the way. Will have to try the lolliepops next week.
Thanks

Gotta fess up here a bit bro...most of my lamb tasting experience was when I was in the Navy on board a ship or two. It was served up with mint jelly...the most horrible stuff I've ever tasted in my life. I HAVE had a decent rack on occasion at a nice restaurant that was pretty good washed down with a nice Cabernet.

well there you have it! go getcha some lamb chops and sear them then roast them for about 5 minutes standing on the bone like i did. mini sweet t-bones with nuthin but black pepper! you will do them again!

Rick - what'd you rub the leg with and what temp did you go to. Gotta try this - been debating for awhile - but I'd like some facts @ $4.99 lb. Looks to good to pass up! Nice looking meat and pics.

those had two different marinades about 2 hours prior to roasting at about 375-400 dome for about 2 hours till around 140-145.

one marinade was a cuban grilling paste i got on sale for $2 (regular price $10 :biggrin:) at williams & sonoma and it has garlic, lime juice, grapeseed oil, roasted jalapeno, sherry vinegar, cilantro, oregano, parsley, cumin, salt, black pepper, lime oil, and cayenne in it.

the other i threw together in the mini food processor and had garlic, shallot, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, herbs de province, and black pepper.

do a search in google for leg of lamb recipes and you'll find several to choose from...

Rick when will you make your big debute on the food channel? I'm not kidding your stuff looks better than most of the food they show on Tv You also good at describing your food this is no chit.

ah, go on :icon_blush:

my stuff is amateur at best, but thanks, man

Great lookin' pics as always Rick....congrats on a meal well done:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD McGee

well there you have it! go getcha some lamb chops and sear them then roast them for about 5 minutes standing on the bone like i did. mini sweet t-bones with nuthin but black pepper! you will do them again!

Sounds like a plan...I'll keep my eye out for some decent chops! :p

Back