Winter rain sucks

S

SmokeInDaEye

Somehow I got sucked into cooking pork shoulders during a huge winter rain storm. The butts are on, just not sure how the temps are going to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
You under a canopy? should be OK. may take a little longer.

Even the worst day smokin' is better than the best day spent on honey do's...

Is that your homework hanging next to smoker? I tried that once, teacher didn't buy it!:biggrin:

the WSM seems to hold the temps real well -even in the cold,don't know about the rain-I have mine under a roof

Is that your homework hanging next to smoker? I tried that once, teacher didn't buy it!:biggrin:

It is. Just checked on everything and it's rolling along. Had a single prob that woke me up, reading 205 but cracked another vent and the wsm is doin its job. Hopefullythe dog won't eat my home work!

The News reports that parts of Long Island got 3+ Inches of rain already.
I hope the cook turns out well. Good Luck

Someone get me a rowboat!

I am going to wait until it stops - around 7pm - to get some cooking done.

Gonna smoke some ribs and chicken and do a rotisserie chicken, too.

im gonna fire up the spicewine and stick it out in the middle of the yard, in the middle of the downpour, with winds ripping around it, puddles forming, Moses on the rock wall, lifting his stick and commanding the split of the waters....

and spicespicebaby will be just sitting there at.........

On 3 briquettes and a hickory chunk.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Look at the bright side, SIDE...... If the water pan gets low just open the door and tilt it out and the water pan will be full again in minutes :rolleyes:

They be great wind is the killer. Was doing butts today but cooker lid is froze
so I put butt in oven lol

im gonna fire up the spicewine and stick it out in the middle of the yard, in the middle of the downpour, with winds ripping around it, puddles forming, Moses on the rock wall, lifting his stick and commanding the split of the waters....

and spicespicebaby will be just sitting there at.........

On 3 briquettes and a hickory chunk.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I bet the duck is happy!!

I decided to move it inside th garage today and vent it out the stove pipe. I have heat, beer and Jack I won't stumble into the house until dark.I do have to be good until 2 I have a guy looking at a Competitior today then all hell breaks loose.

I decided to move it inside th garage today and vent it out the stove pipe. I have heat, beer and Jack I won't stumble into the house until dark.I do have to be good until 2 I have a guy looking at a Competitior today then all hell breaks loose.

A vent in the garage! That's the way to go. Just took the butts off to wrap and then putting them back on for a couple hours. Looking amazing (and yes I ate that little bit that fell off)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back