Question for Candidates

CaptTable

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the place to put this question to the candidates for the KCBS Board . . . . .

"Have you, and/or your spouse, ever filed or threatened to file, a lawsuit against the KCBS Board of Directors or any of its members past or present"?

I ask this question because I feel it is very important for Board members to be able to work together for the betterment of our organization. Not that they can't disagree on matters, but channel these differences of opinions into a workable solution.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Phillip Brazier
Master Judge
Contest Rep
Table Captain Certification Instructor

Here's another question. Do you tend to disband the KCBS in favor of the superior organizations?

I mean I am just askin'

1. I for one have never filed or even thought of filing a lawsuit against KCBS or anyone for that matter......

2. I don't want to disband KCBS, I would like the opportunity to try to make it better with the rest of the Board if I am elected.

I want to play too.

Have you, your spouse, your friends or your milkman ever worked specifically against any sitting KCBS board member with the hope of getting them removed from the board?

Have you worked to help any other BBQ organizations get money from KCBS to help some old friends.

Looking forward to hearing from all the candidates.

I want to play too.

Have you, your spouse, your friends or your milkman ever worked specifically against any sitting KCBS board member with the hope of getting them removed from the board?

Have you worked to help any other BBQ organizations get money from KCBS to help some old friends.

HUH? Wha??:confused:

Man, this might get really good...There must be an awful lot I do not know about some of the board members! Maybe thats why none of them would ever responed to my questions...Unless it had to do with me paying my renewal!

Nah, it's just a witch hunt.

Ray,
I disagree with you but am not going to sit here and start bringing up negative incidences, witch hunts or anything of the like. But I am tired of reps getting raked over the coals anytime they speak out on an issue that has been burning over a long period of time.

What ever happened to being kind to one another even when you don't get your way? Why does it always become a one-sided issue? Yes, there are a lot of issues that should remain in the Board room and not publicly displayed on the forum. But when they are aired, I beleive the other side has a say to defend his/herself. These reps are hard working and excellent ones at that. I don't feel it's fair that an elect few are allowed to spout off whenever they feel slighted and the rest feel there will be reprecussion if they do.

I'm hoping this is the place to put this question to the candidates for the KCBS Board . . . . .

"Have you, and/or your spouse, ever filed or threatened to file, a lawsuit against the KCBS Board of Directors or any of its members past or present"?

I ask this question because I feel it is very important for Board members to be able to work together for the betterment of our organization. Not that they can't disagree on matters, but channel these differences of opinions into a workable solution.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Phillip Brazier
Master Judge
Contest Rep
Table Captain Certification Instructor

LOL no
But you could just say what you have on your mind.
It seems you have some concerns about a individual candidate.
Would that be correct?

Thom,

Just seeing how many honest candidates there are out there.

Phillip

Thom you are correct. There are a few people that are KCBS reps that seem to have it out for a certain person. You cant like everyone, or be liked by everyone but you can try and get along for the growth of KCBS.

Arlie

Phillip
On three occasions I know of there have been a member or members of the Board have tried to stop another member of the Board from posting on Forums (gag order in effect). The honest thing to do is let the whole Board know that passing rules that go against basic rights is grounds for a lawsuit. That's honest and ethical to bring those realities to those that are about to vote on the issue.

There are also issues that would be taken up in executive session where informing the Board that their actions could lead to a lawsuit but then you would not know anything about that because no Board member would be able to discuss those issues with you.

Now is there something specific you want to discuss?

Nope, Jim, nothing to discuss. Just looking to have my question answered by the candidates. And I appreciate the couple of answers I have received so far, maybe there will be more.

Phillip

Hey Phillip
Did you sign the petition to not allow a husband and wife serve on the Board together?

It should be interesting how the Board will try to handle this one. I have to think it is going to take a By-Law change to make it happen, but should be interesting. LOL

Hey Phillip
Did you sign the petition to not allow a husband and wife serve on the Board together?

Was this the Nepotism one?

Folks need to use Dictonary.com more often...Wonder where that thread went, I was the last to post on it. Hey Grand Pooba, can my handle be changed to ThreadKiller?

Piqued curiosity....where/with whom did this petition originate?

Since it's being put out there, may as well go all the way.

Back