• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Konro Grill / Yakitori - Ready For Testing And Tasting!

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've been working on a Konro grill for several week, off and on and finally got it done. It's going to be a hot one since there's no insulation on it, oh well.

I designed it so I could raise the grate above the coals if needed. Yup, it's heavy, it ain't going to blow off the patio table, lolol.

Hope to burn it in and try some Yakitori on it this weekend!

2_zps6c61eab6.jpg

1_zps3425f576.jpg

5_zps92ca495d.jpg

3_zpsdc50726f.jpg

4_zpseb283eca.jpg

Last edited:
Absolute beauty and very nice fab skills! I like the variable height grate!

Very nice, looks well built. Konro grill is the spelling. Note, in my experience, they run better with a few large, I mean branch large pieces of lump. It takes a while to heat up, but, they are great.

Very nice, looks well built. Konro grill is the spelling. Note, in my experience, they run better with a few large, I mean branch large pieces of lump. It takes a while to heat up, but, they are great.

lolol...you are right and i'm dyslexic....lolol...Konro it is !

I'll load it with some lump and see how hot it gets!

I'll be throwin some shrimp on this barbie konro this weekend!

Last edited:
Broke it in tonight, works fine but my yakitori / skewering skills need improvemnet;

HotBox_zpsacd6e795.jpg

Hatch_zpsd8d5f7af.jpg

asparagus_zpsf0f09691.jpg

veggies_zps3ed2e87f.jpg

Steaksscallops_zps6e807126.jpg

Yeah, you skewer like a American! Although it looks like it grills things nice and charred. Perfect!

Yeah, you skewer like a American! Although it looks like it grills things nice and charred. Perfect!

:biggrin1:

The Konro worked fine and everything turned out excellent! Except I did overcook the shrimp by a minute or two.

I did glaze the veggies during the cook and it's damn hot working above it, definitely need longer utensils. I ended up using welding gloves.

Yes, it does get very toasty, and with that all metal construction, I recommend you never touch the sides. Nooooo.

See? Nice and neat...
solanums_zps97111ad7.jpg

Oh, might I suggest partially cooking some small Yukon Gold or Red potatoes and slapping them on a hot grill. Brush with some melted butter and white wine or pale ale.

Yes, it does get very toasty, and with that all metal construction, I recommend you never touch the sides. Nooooo.

Definitely going to get more use this winter. I'll use it as a firepit and a Konro!

Surprisingly, most of the heat seemed to escape out the top, and didn't radiate a whole lot from the sides. But it was warm, lol.

Definitely will be doing some tatoes, squash and eggplant in the future. I'm considering throwing on some whole steaks sometime. Perfect size for a small fire and a couple of steaks.

I think this one is a good size for making food for four and a much better option than firing up a charcoal grill.

Back