MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
iceman72475
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Weber 22.5 Smoker

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Weber Mountain Smoker 22.5. I hope it is as awesome as everyone says it is. I do have a couple of questions for those of you that have them. My first question is does it come with 2 cooking racks or just one and then I will need to buy the 2nd? My 2nd question is about the door. I thought I read some where that the newer models had a better fitting door. Is that true? If not where can I order a better one?
I started a thread a few weeks ago try to decide on the Weber or a Horizon. I couldnt figure out how to thank or reply to all the helpful comments so if you posted on that thread thank you.
iceman72475 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
BobM
Babbling Farker

Congrats on the new WSM, it is a great cooker and you will love it!
1 - It comes with 2 cooking racks.
2 - I tweaked my stock Weber door and got it to seal up pretty good.
Cajun Bandit, http://cajunbandit.com sells after market WSM doors.

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman72475 View Post
Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Weber Mountain Smoker 22.5. I hope it is as awesome as everyone says it is
It is. You'll love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM;
2 - I tweaked my stock Weber door and got it to seal up pretty good.

Bob
Me too. I get nearly zero leakage from the door and even when I did, who cares it doesn't affect performance.
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Cayman1
is one Smokin' Farker

If you take your time, you should be able to shape the door to a little better fit. I think they get flattened a little in shipping.

I'll be doing the Buffalo Run comp March 15 so stop by and I'll be glad to show you our set up.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
iceman72475
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks Bob and Freddy I am really looking forward to getting this smoker. I ordered it from Walmart and it will take 2 weeks to get it in. Cayman I am going to hold you to that, lol. I didn't even know they had a bbq competition at the bike run. I honestly have never even went to it.
iceman72475 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

You made a great choice. Congratulations.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
Wolverine
is one Smokin' Farker

congrats you made a wise choice,here is what it will look like

Last edited by Wolverine; 11-27-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote