I give...what's a Fatty??

Jeff,
Billy did get taken away in a cop car :)

For those of you who have never done a fatty, let me implore you, for your own sake to do a naked one your first time - even if you do a stuffed one at the same time. I like them plain/naked and also stuffed with jalapenos and cheese...but the naked fatty is too good not to try.

Jeff,
Billy did get taken away in a cop car :)

For those of you who have never done a fatty, let me implore you, for your own sake to do a naked one your first time - even if you do a stuffed one at the same time. I like them plain/naked and also stuffed with jalapenos and cheese...but the naked fatty is too good not to try.

And those words of wisdom... came from an Ordained Man of the Cloth.

Dan... I love it when you talk dirty.

OK guys this is insane. My god they all look good and does not seem all that hard. I am going to do at least 2. 1 Nakey version, and 1 with some sort of cheese, some jalapenos and maybe some green onions.

What do I want to go for on the internal temp and/or how long do I leave it on?

As for the badgers...smashmouth football right down the gut, but TCU has a awesome defense...spread the field, get them guessing...back up the middle... Badgers win 31-28. Just hope for a good game!

At 3AM we had police walking across field saying "We are here for the FATTIES"

I'll be there and am going to try and get some of my team to come down too!

You should have seen Roger and I trying to explain to the Police at the Pretty Good BBQ last year... For a while I thought they were going to take us in until they tasted one... Then we were thick with them...

I can just imagine the call on the radio... "You all should come on down to the Vinyard Church. They're smoking fatties and I feel fine!" LOL

2 hours at 225 you want to lay down somw saran wrap to make it on it will help you roll it up. be sure to pinch all seams to make it whole again so cheese cannot melt out. After you put rub on it and place it back in refrig it will be easier to handle when placing on smoker

OK guys this is insane. My god they all look good and does not seem all that hard. I am going to do at least 2. 1 Nakey version, and 1 with some sort of cheese, some jalapenos and maybe some green onions.

As for the badgers...smashmouth football right down the gut, but TCU has a awesome defense...spread the field, get them guessing...back up the middle... Badgers win 31-28. Just hope for a good game!

I go out in the middle of a field and RUB my BUTT and SMOKE a FATTIE and get paid to do it and sometimes win tropheys...........LIFE IS GOOD

On my Facebook page, I once announced my Sunday plans with, "I'm going to stay home, roll a fatty, smoke it, and watch the Steelers game."

On of my friends is a cop. :heh::heh::heh:

CD

And you must not forget the pizza fatty!

I did two last week. Can't remember who did it here first but I took the idea and ran with it.

Stuffed with cheese, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and saute mushrooms. Rolled in bacon weave. Then I wrapped crescent rolls around it, popped it in the oven and served it with warm marina sauce and topped with fresh mozz. cheese.

I go for about 160* and count on a 5* carry over to bring it up to 165*+..

Just a hint, don't expect anything you want cooked, like raw bacon, vegetables, peppers, to do so inside the fattie. To be on the safe side, I like to sauté those items just to soften them up and take away some of the harsher flavors. This also reduces the amount of water that would be released while the fattie cooks...

Oh, and by the way... It's against the rules to only do one fattie cause by the time the cook actually gets a chance at it, it's gone... Two is the minimum required... LOL

Ok Brethren...joined the forum just a bit ago asking for advice on what my next step into the world of BBQ should be and I am sure it is going to be building a UDS as soon as I can gather all the pieces.

But so many people have mentioned cooking "fatty's". I may be too new to search properly...or not smart enough yet:crazy:....what the heck is it???

Saw some pics of soem today and they look marvelous. I need to do these soon.

Thanks in advance!

"What's a fatty?"
A) A gift from heaven? :becky:
B) Me, after eating too many of them? :icon_blush:
c) All of the above, and then some! :thumb:

Gee...didn't somebody stuff a fatty with blueberry pancakes once?:becky:

Yes, someone did. A few times, actually. :becky: And that same someone may have the first recorded stuffed fatty on the brethren. But that was after many, many naked fatties.

I never said that stuffing was evil. I just recommend that fatty virgins start with some naked fatties to understand the fatty in it's purest, and original, form. Then you can move on to stuffing and enrobing.

Don't get me wrong... I also love a stuffed fatty. It's not just for breakfast sausage either - I have done one with sweet Italian sausage, stuffed with spinach, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers.
Really - the options are endless - as long as you can imagine it, you can make it!

Back