Costco USDA Prime Commodity Brisket now in NJ!!!

Costco Prime Brisket

Hi All Any one in North Jersey go too Costco in Hackensack or Teterboro for prime brisket..If so let me know how you made out?
Thanks DanB

Update

Hi All Any one in North Jersey go too Costco in Hackensack or Teterboro for prime brisket..If so let me know how you made out?
Thanks DanB

Hi All I was in the Teterboro NJ Costco today. NO prime briskets, choice flats were $7.99 lb.
I'm NOT a member, went in as a guest.
Do you have to have a business to join as business member?
DanB
PS Costco must be doing some thing right, the place was mobbed..Long lines for check out, I thought Restaurant Depot was bad. Long lines for new membership.

Last edited:
Hi All I was in the Teterboro NJ Costco today. NO prime briskets, choice flats were $7.99 lb.
DanB
PS Costco must be doing some thing right, the place was mobbed..Long lines for check out, I thought Restaurant Depot was bad. Long lines for new membership.

To reiterate they only have them in the business centers like Hackensack not Teterboro

Costco Prime Brisket

To reiterate they only have them in the business centers like Hackensack not Teterboro

I was close by the Teterboro store so I went in a took a look around.
Thanks DanB
PS What do you need to become a business member?

I was close by the Teterboro store so I went in a took a look around.
Thanks DanB
PS What do you need to become a business member?

Not a clue. But I have one so shouldn’t be a problem. I wound up in the ER last week so I couldn’t take you then. I’ll try this week again.

Hi Hope very thing is alright !! Don't worry about Costco..We'll get there one of these days..
Thanks DanB

DanB

I just got back from Hackensack, the answer is "yes" and "no" they have them. Currently the only packers on the shelf are Choice "National" brand at $2.89 a pound.

I talked to the meat department guy and here is the story I got. They currently have 2 cases of Prime Briskets "In the Back" on hold for a customer order. There are none available for just walking in and purchasing.

He went on to say that they do not regularly carry the prime briskets, but if you wanted to order by the case it is something they could work out. As of now, there is not enough demand to justify buying prime briskets to put on the shelf as they are so expensive (he said about $4/lb). They are trying to build up their business (most of their meat sales are delivery orders now, and I can attest the store was EMPTY) and if they can generate more foot traffic they will start adding more product. So he suggested calling back in a few months and checking in.

So for now, they only have Choice Briskets available. On the plus side, they do have whole pork bellies (skin on and off) which you don't see that often. He said they always have them as he has a customer who goes through about a 1000lbs a week.

I just got back from Hackensack, the answer is "yes" and "no" they have them. Currently the only packers on the shelf are Choice "National" brand at $2.89 a pound.

I talked to the meat department guy and here is the story I got. They currently have 2 cases of Prime Briskets "In the Back" on hold for a customer order. There are none available for just walking in and purchasing.

He went on to say that they do not regularly carry the prime briskets, but if you wanted to order by the case it is something they could work out. As of now, there is not enough demand to justify buying prime briskets to put on the shelf as they are so expensive (he said about $4/lb). They are trying to build up their business (most of their meat sales are delivery orders now, and I can attest the store was EMPTY) and if they can generate more foot traffic they will start adding more product. So he suggested calling back in a few months and checking in.

So for now, they only have Choice Briskets available. On the plus side, they do have whole pork bellies (skin on and off) which you don't see that often. He said they always have them as he has a customer who goes through about a 1000lbs a week.

Hi Thanks for update..Bummer bout the prime briskets. I was looking forward to trying one..Looks like in the Costco's mid west are getting $2.99
for prime briskets..Shame we can't get here in NNJ. Well it looks like it is back to Restaurant Depot for my Angus briskets.
DanB

Truly annoying especially considering I was told they have 78 of them on hand dr sale. Maybe splitting a case is a possibility.

Dudes... the manager called me... it's $3.49 a pound, he would need a heads up prior, and he would prefer we split a case... damn good price me thinks but I have 4 briskets at the moment so I'm not quite ready to go in

I could be tempted to go in on a case. No hurry on my end though. When you decide to pull the trigger, PM me and we can work it out.

I could be tempted to go in on a case. No hurry on my end though. When you decide to pull the trigger, PM me and we can work it out.

If a case has 3 briskets in it , maybe "we"all can share a case?
Thanks DanB

Back