BBQ Brethren "Soups, Stews & Chili" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Soups, Stews & Chili"[/size]
texaschili.jpg

Anonymous Photo

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the Sausage Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/16 - 10/25 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/25.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 10/26 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 10/30. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Shellfish Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (10/18)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Hot and Spicy Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Seems like the perfect time and everyone was making soups so why not. I'll be busy tomorrow.............I got the chopped point from my last brisket defrosting and have the DO's at the ready!! Also have some pork rib tips, brats, and polish sausage on the defrost...............Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anybody........I just got two entries done.......pron later. Gotta eat. Sorry:-D

I'm tossing in two this entry......hope that's still okay. If not, go with chili pic only.
4020346491_d1c9615d35_b.jpg

Polish sausage and sweet Italian brat stew with collards, fingerling potatoes and some wagon wheel pasta!
4021098528_47eb150504_b.jpg

and some brisket chili!
Njoy.

Oh Man I'd hit that Chilli even if it is 100* here today.Nice photo's to Bob.

Here's my plain ol' chili. It's nothing fancy and has no secret ingredients. And yes, it has beans.

DSC_0082resized.jpg

Cooked it in a #12 dutch oven on the Big Green Egg at 350f for about an hour total cooking time, including browning and simmering.

DSC_0090resized.jpg

It hit just the spot on a cool afternoon today! [ENTRY PHOTO]
DSC_0141resized.jpg

Bob, putting two entries in the thread is fine, but for voting, only one pic can be used. Based on what you said in your post, I will use your Chili pic.

Blah noticed the Grilled or smoked so mine don't count... but still want to show my beef stew =P

100_0474.jpg

I'm voting for Brisket Bobs chili hands down w/o even seeing anything else. Saw his original thread makin that stuff and had to have some then. The color is perfectly nice and dark. Looks awesome!

Brunswick Stew

Brunswick stew is on...pron later

Here's my bowl of stew. Q'ed pork, chicken, and beef. Tomatoes, potatoes, corn, butter beans, chipotle bullion, bbq sauce, ketchup,cider vinegar, kitchen bouquet,and garnished with yellow peppers and jalapenos.

BrunswickStew073entry.jpg

That looks seriously good! I was wondering who would be first to do a bread bowl.:cool:

Back