Chest to Chest VII qualifiers

bignburlyman

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am attaching the qualifiers list from 2010 and 2011 for the teams who qualified to receive an invitation to the Chest to Chest National Brisket Cook-Off. Since our 2011 Labor Day contest was cancelled we intend to have 2 years of qualifiers compete during the Kansas Winter Q contest held February 24 and 25, 2012 in Great Bend Kansas. Please check the lists for any errors you might know of, and if you know any of the teams please have them send an e-mail to kansaswinterq@gmail.com so I can get their contact info.

The only results not on the list are the KCBS Team of the Year, and Brisket team of the year. Current standings show Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton and Cool Smoke in the lead. Both are already qualified.

Attachments

• Chest to Chest VII Inv List 11_12.xls
    84.5 KB · Views: 225
So David, is the Chest to Chest on, or no?
I have not gotten an invitation in the mail, like years past, but assume it is still on?

The Chest to Chest contest will be held during the Kansas Winter Q February 24 & 25. Kent has had some health issues so we haven't been able to get all the details together yet. We think we will judge the Chest to Chest brisket following the KCBS turn ins on Saturday, but that is still undecided for sure.

Kent is working on getting some info ready for the website. If you remember we have a tire dealer in town that is sponsoring an additional prize of new tires, probably for the rib category and the grand champion. So that is 2 sets of tires that will be in addition to the prize money!

I hope to see you in February.

David Keyse
BBQ Committee

Back