Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Had the day that I really wanted for opening day! Not so busy everyone was stressed out and mistakes were being made. Had just enough down time between rushes wecould talk about what happen and how to improve. Had all 3 of my kids working and couldn't ask for anything more from them there were supper stars!! MY Employee was a huge success and will be great asset she rocked and picked up stuff fast!! I probaly had ~80 to 100 people sold about 150 lbs of product! Only bummer was my fridge isn't going to do it... but it came with the shack so should have guessed. going to look for a new on tomorrow.

Daughter hanging up plates

20130601091409.jpg

20130601091420.jpg

20130601091430.jpg

Menu

20130601091437.jpg

Kids hard at work!

20130601091448.jpg

Found my new pitmaster!

20130601110714.jpg

20130601110718.jpg

Another comp team stopped by... Thanks Turnin and Burning!!

20130601124840.jpg

Well in the next day or so I'll post more info but tired and still got stuff to do lol

Thanks for all the best wishes and support!!! I could/wouldn't have been able to go so far and do so well without the help and knowledge found here!!!\

Clint

That is awesome Clint! I see you took my advice and decided to abuse the child labor laws since they don't count towards your own children. :pound:

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Clint, here is wishing you and the family all the best - awesome acheivement:clap:

• Thanks
Thrilled you had the kind of day you wanted for opening day, Clint! Looks like the weather was beautiful! You'll have all the kinks worked out soon, I'm sure. Congrats to all of you!! :thumb:

• Thanks
That is awesome Clint! I see you took my advice and decided to abuse the child labor laws since they don't count towards your own children. :pound:

It is a family run businesses and there getting paid... half goes to there college fund they can have the other half. I want them to have a better opportunity then me :)

Thrilled you had the kind of day you wanted for opening day, Clint! Looks like the weather was beautiful! You'll have all the kinks worked out soon, I'm sure. Congrats to all of you!! :thumb:

thanks Tish it was a perfect day. Sunday was pretty slow but it had kinks and we learned. I still made a profit but very small due to a $110 screw up.

Post or pm your mailing address. If you want/need a Saskatchewan Canada plate I'll drop it in the post for ya'.

PM sent and thanks from your Northern brethern!!

I can't say it enough with out the brethren this is only possible from the help of you all!! I had the best comment today.. I repeat Customer stopped in want 2 lbs of PP said "he'll be here alot just don't tell his Cuz... he owns your biggest competitor and you PP smoke his" lol I loved it.

So thanks and High Fives all around :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Clint

That's fantastic Clint!
I'm also "geeking out" over seeing my license plates hanging on your building. That's just cool.

• Thanks
Thanks for the update. Sounds like it went better than it could have, for sure :eusa_clap

• Thanks
It is a family run businesses and there getting paid... half goes to there college fund they can have the other half. I want them to have a better opportunity then me :)

So thanks and High Fives all around :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Clint

Sure sure. We know the truth that you are only paying them half. We know the "college fund" that the other half is going into is nothing more than a slush fund going towards the biggest baddest ass bbq battlewagon you want!

• Thanks
Sure sure. We know the truth that you are only paying them half. We know the "college fund" that the other half is going into is nothing more than a slush fund going towards the biggest baddest ass bbq battlewagon you want!

Sheesh that's top secret only need to know.. pst pitmaker I'll be calling soon.

Another decent day covered my cost and getting thing more dialed in. I decide I need more shelves lol So sometime when I have time.. hmmm between my regular job and the shack its the one thing I don't have alot of I'm adding few or figure a way to store my bread that doesn't squash it.

Clint

Must be making an impression, we had a a local radio personality talk about the us during there morning show for 5 mins!! Or so I was told.. had about 4 phone calls on it! Very happy and excited about it. Mon and Tues are supposed to be slow days.. and I'm covering cost both those and making money.. so I'm ecstatic! food cost is under 30% and working on narrowing my waste at end of the day. This weekend I'll get the rest of the plates hung and pictures uploaded!! I can't say thank you enough all the brethern that have helped me learn!!

Clint

That is awesome! Nothing like some free advertising! Good luck on your adventure!

• Thanks
Back