• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Results Brew City's Best BBQ Competition, Milwaukee, WI - Sept. 4 & 5, 2009

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's going? We're still thinking about it. According to the organizer via e-mail today they only have 10 teams confirmed so far.

They still have $10 or $11k up for grabs. I'd stay home too....

If we could have that strategic corner site across from the "dance fever" bar, we would be there in a heartbeat........:icon_clown

Yeah, the money is nice. We may have other stuff going on. We have to decide soon.

Walt, I can put in a word on your behalf if you want :-D

Hey now, we went to that bar last year! Need to get up in the church lot Walt. It was a little more on the quiet side...

Hey now, we went to that bar last year! Need to get up in the church lot Walt. It was a little more on the quiet side...

Much more fun keeping the drunks (including a KCBS Judge!) from falling into our pit. :roll:

Ron, Iv'e got an in with a certain judge who will assure me the corner bar site :icon_pissed

I'll be there. I'm told I will be in the church lot again. I just need to remember the vodka for the security guards.

I spoke with the organizer today. They are up to 15 teams. A lot of local teams are missing out on the team list... for the record, I enjoyed this contest and they bend over backwards for the teams. So I am not sure why the teams are staying away. I was also told that they will for sure have 25 teams, so for those that are holding back, I'd get your application in. So you don't get shut out...

See you there!

good... 9 more then... Just bring a gift for the security up there. They do a good job... :twisted:

Got another 2 teams. Looks like we'll be having a LCR game....

I had too many complications, as they decided to start my girls school 2 weeks early. Although the good news is they will be done before Memorial Day.

Have fun out there. Some good folks out there.

Indeed, well, I guess that I still have to come to IL some to cook then.......best of luck

i think the reason people are reluctant to go is that it is one of the realy bad hoods in milwaukee but i do know thay are getting good security but i wont stay down there lol

Honestly, I did not see any 'bad'... And we were also out of the lot and were also having a few drinks in Walt's bar...

I think folks freak out when it's in a different neighborhood. Let's be realistic, they are trying to revotalize the neighborhood. What kind of press would they have if it was bad for us? They wouldn't let that happen is my whole point.

The money is still the same, no matter what the hood.

I just find it funny that you will stun gun yourself, but afraid to go into a Milwaukeee neighborhood? Come on Billy, it wasn't that bad.

Dang! Thought we had a gig that weekend which was keeping us out. Just checked the calendar, and it looks like it's open. If we can still get in today, 2 skinny cooks will be there!

Glad to hear it Dann. Email Marjorie and get on the list. See you then.

Back