Overland Park, KS

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am gonna be in Overland Park, KS on November 3-5. I have a few suggestions on BBQ joints but wanted to get some help from the collective. Gonna be staying about a block from the community college and will have a car. Someone in my office has suggested Hayward's for lunch since it is close to the college. Also suggested driving to Williamsburg for Guy & Mae's BBQ. My nights are pretty open so a drive to a good destination is not out of the question. Just trying to stay out of Kansas City if at all possible! Thanks for any help!!

You will also be close to an Oklahoma Joes. You can't go wrong there.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have been to the KC Masterpiece there before but thought it was just ok.

I don't know if I would ever be willing to attempt KC Masterpiece again. Last time I went, I got the pulled pork. It was actually pork mush run through a food processor and tasted like burnt paper. True story.

There's also Fiorellas Jack Stack. It's kind of different, but good. For that place, I recoomend getting something more unusual as opposed to the regular old BBQ. Excep the beans. You should definitely try the beans if you like beans on the sweet side.

I was thinking about Jack Stack. Never been to one. What do you mean by something more unusual? Guess I am not familiar with the menu.

To add to my original post, if any of you have other suggestions besides BBQ let me know. I will eat anything!!

The owner of Fiorellas is a chef who fuses his food with smoke/bbq inspiration. The menu is full of great stuff. I can't remember what cut of beef it was I had last time, but I think it was a slice of prime rib with au jus and crispy onions, and some stuff I think I'm leaving out. It was divine, and I could taste some smoke in it.

Yeah I was just checking out the menu on the website. Looks really good. Will have to make that a stop for sure!

If you're looking for a killer BBQ sammie, then Oklahoma Joe's is your place. It's right around 119th and Black Bob. I don't care for their beans, but their fries are the best around. Jack Stack is more of a formal sit down dinner type of place. Their beans and cheesy corn are my favorites there. You can't really go wrong with either place, so you might as well try both. :)

PS. Hayward's is good, but I would recommend OK Joe's and Jack Stack first.

Thanks Jason. I will definitely hit the OK Joe's.

If you are looking for someone to grab at bite with... I'm sure we could hook up!
If you want an OP lunch crew - I'm sure some of us could meet at up with you.

If you are looking for someone to grab at bite with... I'm sure we could hook up!
If you want an OP lunch crew - I'm sure some of us could meet at up with you.

I'm available. Sounds good to me.

Hey fellas I would love to hook up! I'll probably have an hour for lunch if that works.......but my nights are completely free if that is better :) Let me know what would work for anybody interested!

I'll get there mid afternoon on Monday and leave late afternoon on Wednesday.....

Well I made it to OP today. I know it is short notice, but anybody have time for lunch tomorrow or Wednesday?? I will be at the community college and will have an hour around noon. If so, you can pick the place.....bbq or not :)

Tuesday or Wednesday works great for me. I need to get to Oklahoma Joes and deliver some product sometime this week, so that place would work for me.

Well I don't want to get in the way of a man delivering his product :cool: OK Joes sounds good to me. Either day works. Can I get an address?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Kim. I assume the Olathe location? Tomorrow works for me. We will get a break at noon or maybe a few minutes before.

If it doesn't work out...no big deal. I understand people are busy.

Last edited:
Back