MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
MAB52
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pop's Chicken w/Pron

Well here we are getting settled into our new place

And Marlene asks for some of Pop's chicken for dinner. So this time I remembered to get some pron to share. This is the best chicken in the world as far as we are concerned. So let's get to it.
Here is the set up for the day.
Get your grill going with a nice even layer of charcoal or lump. Place chicken on grill and season with even layers of salt then granulated garlic and then black pepper.

Now here is the part that makes this so special. Every 5 minutes turn the chicken and season with s/g/p. When you season, you season the whole grill not just on the chicken. That's right, you season the charcoal so to speak. The rendered fat and s/g/p on that charcoal makes a glorious smoke on that chicken.

Here they are after turning 5 times.

OK after an hour or so they are done. And here they are with some mashed taters and broccoli.

Thanks for looking.
Weber 22.5"
MAB52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
1buckie
Babbling Farker

good Deal......sorta like dumping rosemary or other herbs right on the coals !!!!

Straightforward, easy idea.....thanks!!!!!
1buckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sounds pretty simple, that means it is probably good

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
MAB52
is one Smokin' Farker

Yep, it's very simple. When we were kids, Pop used to take a sprig of rosemary and remove the leaves about half way and put the rest in the fire and season the chicken with the rosemary two or three times out of the 12 to 15 times. Oh man it is good. Didn't have any rosemary this time so went to the basics. We've been eating this chicken for about 50 or so years and I never get tired of it.
Weber 22.5"
MAB52 is offline   Reply With Quote