Happy Birthday to me!

Subzerogriller

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Came home last night and found that I couldn't park my car in the garage. Would've been mad, but decided to let it slide since it was due to a special delivery...

20130507_225633_zpsc330cbbd.jpg

Another Weber to add to the collection...and a second WSM so I can start comping for real! Breaking it in on a Mother's Day cook this Sunday...two butts, some ABT's, a couple fatties and maybe some squash...great way to thank Mom (and Dad, of course) for such an awesome gift! :biggrin1:

Happy Birthday! You must be an awesome kid for your parents to reward you thus.

Cook something nice for Mom this Sunday!

Thanks, guys! I'll admit, I wasn't expecting this; it's not normal for my folks to just go out and spend $400 on my birthday, but my dad and I recently had a conversation about my passion for BBQ and getting into competition, and as he put it, "Seeing your passion and skill for this, I look at this more as an investment in you than a gift." I think he's pretty biased about that whole "skill" business, but I'm very grateful to be blessed with a family that is willing to support me on this level. Can't wait to break her in this weekend!

I'm actually keeping it crated until the weekend. Have a comp in Eau Claire, WI on Saturday (just a small local rib cook off using their BGE's). Tossing the box in the back of the truck with everything else, then Saturday night I'm doing a couple of butts overnight and various apps for a Sunday luncheon celebrating mother's day and my grandma's 80th. Cooking for mom seems like the perfect way to thank her for such a great gift.

No birthday feast; I had to work all day and then coach little league, so we went out for sushi. Can't wait for the weekend though!

Back