MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
ajstrider
is One Chatty Farker

Default Weber 26.5" OTG arrived

Well after some reading and decision making, I ordered a Weber 26.5" OTG. It was between this or a Performer, but since I already have a 22.5" OTS, I went bigger since I am shooting for a one grill/smoker to do all, a quest of mine. Someone told me if you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly so I went big. And while a mere 4" doesn't sound much bigger, wow, it is much bigger in person. I can't wait to start cooking on this thing.

I was worried about ordering this thing, but I used my Amazon Prime and it arrived in its two day promise in 100% condition. I am not including any pictures of it yet since it is just a normal grill, for now...

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
allboy
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats on your purchase. I got one and have not used it as of yet. I just wanted to have one before they decide not to produce them any longer. Take care of that grate. I think they about $100.00.
allboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
BobM
Babbling Farker

Congrats on the new OTG and good luck with it!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Big M1ke
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats. I wish I had gotten a 26er. Oh well I love my 22.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

I have an older 26 and it is awesome. If you just need more grill space a couple 22s are probably more cost effective but the 26 gives you space for Big Things that you cannot put on a couple 22s.

It's not my go-to grill. The ones that get the most use are a mini-WSM and SS Performer, but I think I could live with a 26 alone. I just don't want to.

I thought the grate on the new one was SS.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Novass
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Greg

love mine. its a two zone cooking beast>

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Yeah youll love it .. #16 l b Briskit here
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #8
ajstrider
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post

I thought the grate on the new one was SS.
According to Weber's website the grate is stainless, though it lacks the shiny luster of my grate on my 22.5" OTS and the grates that I have purchased for my UDS builds.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstrider View Post
According to Weber's website the grate is stainless, though it lacks the shiny luster of my grate on my 22.5" OTS and the grates that I have purchased for my UDS builds.
The shiny luster on the 22.5 grates results from an extremely thin chrome plating. It doesn't seem to last long.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstrider View Post
The cook grate is stainless steel replacement from weber is like 99 $
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #11
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Enjoy! I love mine.