Some new to me Sauces and Rubs

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I found a store in Oklahoma City yesterday called the Jerky Emporium. It was full of jerky but also had a nice selection of dry rubs and sauces.

Anyone try these?

045-5-1.jpg

042-4-2.jpg

044-4-1.jpg

I want to open each jar and put my finger in just for a taste :-D but I guess I'll wait til I smoke something. :biggrin:

Are any of you familiar with these? Thanks for any info. :wink:

I have used some of that product. The Smoke woods sauce was given to us at the Enid contest this year. It was really good. Never tried any of John Henerys, the Harleys is a fairly popular product. Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes.

Oh they all look tasty :!:
But the Jalapeno & mustard :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I can not wait too see what you do with these

She Who Smokes Well :grin::grin::grin:

I've had the Bronco Bob's Raspberry Chipotle, which was really good.

I agree it’s a good flavor, different than a traditional bbq sauce but still good. I find it woks well as a glaze for pork tenderloin or chicken. The John Henry’s is also one I’m familiar with. Nothing spectacular but way better than anything you would pick up at a supermarket.

John Henry makes several Rubs. I have tried the Sugar Maple, it is sweet. I really like his Pecan, tried the Butter Pecan and was not to impressed, it wanted to clump up in the jar.

I had some of that sugar maple and really liked it. But made the mistake when ordering and got the hot which I didn't like as much. But the original was sure good.

they all look interesting. so.....did you buy all those? :)

Those all look good...post up the results!!(I know you will, your threads always rock!!)

I got to try some of Harley's rubs at the BarBQulossal this year. Pretty good stuff, right there.

John Henry's is usually some good stuff, I don't like salt in my rub though, and I think all of their's has salt. But a good commercial rub just the same... you sound like me... love to experiment.

I'd hit the Hula Girl...:biggrin:...I mean the sauce...:icon_blush:

Hey Jeanie,

I use two of John Henrys rubs. I use "old stockyard steak seasoning" on what else, steak and other beef. I Love "catch of the day" for fish. That's all I ever use on fish and it goes Very well with orange roughy.

I have used some of his jalapeno rubs which are good but not the kind of taste or heat I do on my own,

As for sauces, the only one I buy is Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty. The kids love it as do I. I raise the heat level with some Srirscha Sauce and it's wonderful for the heat lovers.

I haven't tried any of those...the jap mustard looks very interesting...

Definitely looks like a "SCORE" to me!

Make sure you "show" us how all of them turn out:mrgreen:

I love the John Henry's. Only place that sold it here, closed for good. JH makes nice Raspberry Chipotle rub..........try that on some brisket. Dang good!!
Nice haul there!

Nice looking sauces I am always on the lookout for new sauces and rubs. Enjoy them!

Jeannie I use a lot of the Bronco Bob That bacon chipolte I put abput a half a cup in with a cube of butter and melt together and baste grilled corn on the cob near theend people love it

Back