• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm a Super Duper Pooper!!

NCGrimbo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well, after years of tending a fire in my Spicewine, I've decided to cross over to the dark side and I got me a Yoder YS640.
SuperDuperPooper.jpg

After running it to get any manufacturing gunk burned off, I figured I would give the current Tri-Tip throwdown a try. So, I marinated one Tri-Tip in Layer's Sesame Ginger and kept the other one unaltered and put them in the YS640 at 225 degrees.
TwoTriTips.jpg

About four hours later, the internal temps were at 140, so off the fire they came. Here's the marinated one after the cook and sliced:
Marinated.jpg

MeatCut.jpg

And plated with Brocolli and Cheese pasta:
SubmissionShot.jpg

The smoke flavor was subtle on the marinated version and made for a delicious dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to giving it a real work out next month by filling it up with a brisket, some ribs, some fatties, and anything else I can fit in it. :thumb:

Thanks to Tom for working with me on getting the YS640.

-NCGrimbo

Congrats on the new Yoder. Great lookin' smoker and chow!

It looks more well done than it was. I need to work on the photography skills. It was cooked to a wonderful medium temp, tender, and very tasty. :-D But I do understand that some of you neanderthals love to eat it with the blood still pumping. LOL!!

Congrats on the YS640, you are gonna love it!

However I do have to agree with Guerry, it's overcooked for me. But over cooked food on a pellet pit stays moist and tender. :thumb:

Last edited:
It looks more well done than it was. I need to work on the photography skills. It was cooked to a wonderful medium temp, tender, and very tasty. :-D But I do understand that some of you neanderthals love to eat it with the blood still pumping. LOL!!

Some people are satisfied if the cow got near the grill.:shock: I need my moo meat cooked!:clap2:

Back