MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
krshome
Full Fledged Farker

Default any tips for an Ugly drum & DigiQ DX2

Hey all, My BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2 just arived in the mail today, YeeHa! I'm going to use it for overnight smokes in my Ugly Drum, and just for you purists it's just so I can eat and sleep. So before I use it for the first time any advice or tips from you guys that have already used this setup. I have read you have to close off the lid vents on some posts???? my drum is perrdy darn air tight when all the vents are closed. I'm usually a hot and fast guy but with this baby I'm going to try low and slow and still have dinner done on time

Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
krshome
Full Fledged Farker

wow nothing! I feel like such a loser nobody wants to be my friend.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

Trust the Guru its smarter then we are. Hook it up let it run, make sure your seals are tight so it can't draft from part unknown and sleep well.

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
deerslayer8153
On the road to being a farker

On mine I use the Minion method to start the fire. I have found that I need to close my Weber top exhaust about 1/3 or 1/2 way closed. I also close the sliding "gate" on the fan down one marking. Works absolutely perfectly after that!

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
krshome
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer8153 View Post
On mine I use the Minion method to start the fire. I have found that I need to close my Weber top exhaust about 1/3 or 1/2 way closed. I also close the sliding "gate" on the fan down one marking. Works absolutely perfectly after that!
You the man! That's the stuff I was looking for. I do have a weber lid and always use the Minion method too. This is very helpful. Thanks

Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Bearsmokes
Knows what a fatty is.

I run my UDS at 225 for pork butts and briskets. Usually fire it up around 9 pm and meat on by 11 pm. Then it is just a good night sleep and up at 6 am and checking the progress.
Bearsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote