UDS III...Coming Soon...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I couldn't resist...a friend on mine at work needed a couple of barrels for burning trash...so I called my "source" at Campbell's Soup to see what he had layin' around the warehouse. My friend drove away with two...I came home with one! :p My head is spinning already with ideas of how to do this one! :lol::lol::lol: I just may re-read the entire UDS thread to see what mods I have missed since my last build. Stay tuned...:twisted:

Unlined...:p

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

I wish I could have a UDS, but I think that would be a foolish move for my balcony at my apt.

Cant wait to see the final pics.

Jump on the WSM on CL! The guy has 2 for $100 each! I don't need 5 of them!

Jump on the WSM on CL! The guy has 2 for $100 each! I don't need 5 of them!

I e-mailed him already...he is in Marysville. I may try to get up there tomorrow morning. I'm still doing the drum though...I need a little project for the winter! :p

Dayum!!! I need to talk to my BIL. He grades rice for Bunge Foods. Maybe he can get us some barrells. He told me last weekend that he wanted me to help him make one with a Razorback paint job.:-D

Wooooo Pig Soooouuuuiiii!!!!!!

Help that man.:icon_cool

Last edited:
That's a nice score. We have a Campbells soup in Sacramento. I might just have to drive by and see what I can come up with.

UDS III Update...

Got started on the air intake slide today...still need to slot and bend the tabs for the slide...here are a couple of pics.

.032 stainless sheet metal...slotted with a p-grinder. Slot size is 2 x 4 inches.

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

As you know I love stainless and funny enhough I have a few sheets cut exactly like that already. I'm interested to see what you do with them.

Rodger- make the razorback drum br!

As you know I love stainless and funny enhough I have a few sheets cut exactly like that already. I'm interested to see what you do with them.

Rodger- make the razorback drum br!

I'll keep you posted Doc...If the weather turns crappy this weekend I'll probably work on the drum a bit.

Got started on the air intake slide today...still need to slot and bend the tabs for the slide...here are a couple of pics.

.032 stainless sheet metal...slotted with a p-grinder. Slot size is 2 x 4 inches.

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

Looks like a good plan, I had wondered about using a slider like on the BGE for intakes. I am going to do a UDS II and will be watching your progress.

How soon will the sliding vents be available for delivery?? :cool:

I think your idea is a good one and look forward to seeing the finished product!

How soon will the sliding vents be available for delivery?? :cool:

I think your idea is a good one and look forward to seeing the finished product!

:lol::lol::lol:...I think thirdeye is the "production" guy...but the plans are free. :p

There's something wrong with that 6" rule mate, some idiot at the factory's forgotten to put metric markings down one side, they've put those funny old imperial ones on both sides instead!:biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:...I've had that scale since 1976...it was given to me by a former "shipmate" on my fist ship...the "USS Lexington CVT-16". Guess you could say it was "Government Issue"...:lol::lol::lol:

Hey JD,

What is your source for the stainless sheet metal?
1c947bcf.gif
I always assumed that my local sheet metal shops all used the galvanized steel....

Back