MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Sam's Club Comp - How to Cancel?

Does anyone know how to cancel an entry into a Sam's Club event?

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
wmaes47
On the road to being a farker

Call KCBS...

Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Basted moral support guy
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaes47 View Post
Call KCBS...
This. I assume it's the same number you use to register for a Sam's event. 800-963-5227.
Basted moral support guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basted moral support guy View Post
This. I assume it's the same number you use to register for a Sam's event. 800-963-5227.
I registered online. I was just wondering if there was a way to cancel online. Not sure I am going to, just exploring the possibility.

KCBS CBJ

Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

i think they'll only let you out if they can replace. whatever it is is written somewheres....

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiesnap View Post
i think they'll only let you out if they can replace. whatever it is is written somewheres....
True, but there are ten teams on the waiting list.

KCBS CBJ

Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

I had to cancel last year. Just call the office. They will cancel you out and then refund your money once someone pays to take your place. Keith

Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
Rub'n Wood BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Cancellation Policy: Teams that opt out less than 30 days prior to an event will be eligible for a refund if KCBS is able to fill their spot with a paid entry. A refund of $240 (entry fee less $10 administration fee) will be issued. If KCBS is not able to fill the spot, a refund will not be issued. If a team withdraws from an event 30 or more days in advance, a refund of $240 (entry fee less $10 administration fee) will be issued.

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
True, but there are ten teams on the waiting list.
which one? if its Laural MD, its not gonna make it past the #5 team waiting unless you wait another month.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Stop putzing around. There are teams that want that spot. Commit or quit.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
which one? if its Laural MD, its not gonna make it past the #5 team waiting unless you wait another month.
Yep. Not sure what you mean.

KCBS CBJ

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
hogzillas
Full Fledged Farker

I assume he mean he's the #5 team & he want's in if you & those in front of him don't.

My $.02 - make up your mind now one way or the other as it's not fair to keep those on the waiting list who do want in hanging
hogzillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzillas View Post
I assume he mean he's the #5 team & he want's in if you & those in front of him don't.

My $.02 - make up your mind now one way or the other as it's not fair to keep those on the waiting list who do want in hanging
ding, ding ding!!!we have a winner.
I have been holding out on other comps just because of this chance. In a couple of weeks I wont be interested any more.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #14
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

I find it interesting that some think I just reserved my spot on speculation and am maliciously messing with other team's interests in the contest. I have a work situation that may keep me from participating. Once I find out I will decide and cancel if necessary. I'm glad nobody else has ever been in this situation.

KCBS CBJ

Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I find it interesting that some think I just reserved my spot on speculation and am maliciously messing with other team's interests in the contest. I have a work situation that may keep me from participating. Once I find out I will decide and cancel if necessary. I'm glad nobody else has ever been in this situation.

I hope you don't believe that my questions and statements are any type of attack, I'm just letting you know I'm #5 and as of right now would like to be there and that you wouldn't have to worry about losing your entry fee. Looking over the team list my guess is that 1 or 2 others will drop right before the deadline. I will not be interested in a couple of weeks as I would like to finalize the remainder of my season.

make what ever choice that is best for you. Please remember what happened during the original sign up, teams signed up, filled up the list, then never paid blocking teams wanting in, out. That is were some others may be coming from. Good luck if you do compete!

Thanks from:--->