Transporting Drop Offs

Bourbon Barrel BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any tips on transporting hot food without making a mess? Specifically Baked Beans? I've got some Cambros but I'm not sure I trust aluminum foil to stop it from sloshing out of the pans.

Hmmm...I always make a mess with beans!
I have found using the smaller, 1/2, pans makes it easier to control and I don't get as big a mess.

Perfect for beans
http://www.coolerstores.com/beverage-cooler-3-gallon-400-13824-prd1.htm
Price:
$35.56

Igloo Beverage Cooler 3 GALLON 400 SERIES

13824_large.jpg

When you are ready to serve just pour them into the serving pans, they stay hotter in here then the Cambro , clean and easier to deal with not to mention a safer way to carry.

:-D Yep that would work. But, I don't want to have to clean beans out of it!!

I find it easy to clean much like a ice chest but smaller then again we don't use it for drinks so after taste isn't an issue. :D

Hey Joe it saves on overhead if you give everyone a straw and make it self serve. hahahahahahaha

I put them in disposable 1/2 pans, saran wrap, disposable lid, place in SS full size pan and into Cambro.

Aluminum lids will help add strength and help hold heat. With beans or vegggies, we use sheet pans in the cambros, for extra support. Sometimes doubling is a good option. The lids help the most. Steve.

as was mentioned, plastic wrap first then either foil or the lids, once you put the covered beans back into the heat for a little bit, the plastic wrap will make a very tight seal, don't have any issues of leakage.

Back