• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for a new chicken rub

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Really wanting something with a mild heat, but rich on the citrusy side. Any suggestions?? Right now, the rub i am seeing online, that has the closest description to what I am looking for, would be Big Poppa's Desert Gold. Any of you guys try this?

1 bottle Ms Dask Lemon Pepper
1 tbl Lawrys SS
2 tbl Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne

You described PlowBoy's Fin and Feather perfectly! :-D

Great Stuff.

TIM

Sweet !

I just was introduced to the Plowboy's line. I used their Bovine on steaks last night....and Yardbird on some wings last week & on chicken halves tonight.

I also have a can of their Fin & Feather. Looking forward to trying it, too.

:clap2:

I just ordered Slap Yo Daddy's chicken rub. I wanted to give it a whirl because I just havent found a single rub I like on chicken yet.

I just ordered Slap Yo Daddy's chicken rub. I wanted to give it a whirl because I just havent found a single rub I like on chicken yet.

Post up your results-opinions.

Soo's rubs are intriguing. I'd like to try them sometime, too.

I ordered a bag of Harry soos chicken rub when it first came out. Its my favorite chicken rub that I have tried, it's fantastic and describes what you want in a rub perfectly. It has that citrus and heat kick. It's different than his normal rubs.

I ordered a bag of Harry soos chicken rub when it first came out. Its my favorite chicken rub that I have tried, it's fantastic and describes what you want in a rub perfectly. It has that citrus and heat kick. It's different than his normal rubs.

Awesome! Scale of 1-10, where's the level of heat. Has to be kid friendly ;-)

I don't like a lot of heat, I would have to give maybe a 5. When I taste the rub straight you don't get a big heat kick so you have to use a good amount.

Thanks so much guys!! Looks like I have 3 new rubs I'm gonna be trying :) Can't wait!!

Back