what steaks do not need marinting

should i marinate this steak on a regular basis(multiple choice)

• Rib eye

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • NY strip

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Chuck

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Top sirloin

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • ranch cut

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Sirloin petit steak

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Ello all, i know this is an odd question but sometimes when i grab a steak at the store that is not a NY steak or ribeye, im not sure if i should marinate or not. haha

So i am curious to what cuts of steaks should be marinated

Your post title asks a negative and your poll asks a positive. I answered in the negative because I was too lazy to read the positive question in the poll since I thought the thread title was the actual question.

So, I don't think any of the steaks you listed need to be marinated.

Your post title asks a negative and your poll asks a positive. I answered in the negative because I was too lazy to read the positive question in the poll since I thought the thread title was the actual question.

So, I don't think any of the steaks you listed need to be marinated.

Dang, that's right. I voted wrong then!:twitch:

DSC04555a.jpg

Hmmmm. On a 'regular basis' threw me off.... I will say I usually do marinate flank or skirt steaks. And sometimes marinate sirloin, chuck or tri-tip steaks.

Getting off of beef, I generally marinate lamb racks which would actually be teeny rib steaks..... and sometimes marinate pork steaks, or chops.

I need more scotch.

I like to marinade myself with a good Scotch. Does that count?:-D

On topic......the tougher, cheaper cuts I would marinade. Ribeyes, NY Strips, T Bones, I wouldn't. Sometimes I might hit em with a few dashes of wooster if that counts as a fast marinade.

You can marinate whatever kind of steak you want. There is nothing wrong with marinating a new york strip or a ribeye, or even a filet mignon for that matter. If you want a certain flavor profile, then go for it. In fact, I'd rather marinate a good cut of meat than a cheap one.

You can marinate whatever kind of steak you want. There is nothing wrong with marinating a new york strip or a ribeye, or even a filet mignon for that matter. If you want a certain flavor profile, then go for it. In fact, I'd rather marinate a good cut of meat than a cheap one.

True. On a good cut, the flavor profile I'm looking for is...............BEEF!:biggrin1: And some beef fat flavor too. A light dusting of some salt, pepper or even a good rub is perfect.

I used to like you.

CD :becky:

I dont really marinate any steak. I do season them but thats about it but if you like the taste of marinated steaks then go for it, vive la difference

I used to like you.

CD :becky:

I'm just saying that if I'm in the mood for a flavor profile that might be provided by a marinade, I'd rather have it on a good cut of beef. IMO, marinade is not something I'd use to make a bad cut of meat good. My "Drunken Ribeye" is a fantastic steak. It would be much less fantastic on a cruddy cut of meat.

Dirty D rub on a steak, twice baked spuds and bud:eyebrows: hell some times I use A1 on my steak off to the side, I like to have options not cause my steak needs flavor but cause A1 sauce is the chit:shocked: on steak every once in a while :hungry:
Costco Top sirloin
imagejpeg_2.jpg

I rarely marinate steaks. (except for skirt steak or flap meat) I have been served to many steaks ruined by marinade. (Italian dressing comes to mind) I had a friend over for dinner, she is an incredibly fussy eater. I served grilled top sirloin, rare for the family, medium rare for her. She said that the steak was amazing and asked what I seasoned it with. I loved the look on her face when I said "nothing, but the kiss of the fire".

I save the brine for me...(beer) beef is too dense for it to do anything..MAYBE a finishing sauce or a Merlot reduction for a tri tip / sirloin/strips...HOWEVER a properly cooked piece of beef is simple...salt...pepper..and maybe garlic / oinion / rosemary all beef should be kisd..(keep it simple dummy) as I am too lazy to get caried away with a great meat....

Back