MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #256
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oifmarine2003 View Post
I pm'd Bigmista about this but I think he should put this on http://www.gofundme.com/

I think it gets as much or more traffic as the kickstarter site but I don't think there is a fundraising deadline.
I prefer gofundme, I wonder what the other think.

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #257
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oifmarine2003 View Post
I pm'd Bigmista about this but I think he should put this on http://www.gofundme.com/

I think it gets as much or more traffic as the kickstarter site but I don't think there is a fundraising deadline.
Thank you for the advice. I love that there is no deadline. And that's it not an all or nothing type of deal. I just finished setting up the account. The rewards are the same but now you can get 3 rubs for $75 instead of $100. Also I added a $5,000 Owner Donor reward for those who may be more serious investors and want a piece of the pie. Hopefully folks won't fuss to much about switching their pledges.

Here's the link. http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc

Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #258
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMista View Post
Thank you for the advice. I love that there is no deadline. And that's it not an all or nothing type of deal. I just finished setting up the account. The rewards are the same but now you can get 3 rubs for $75 instead of $100. Also I added a $5,000 Owner Donor reward for those who may be more serious investors and want a piece of the pie. Hopefully folks won't fuss to much about switching their pledges.

I sent an e-mail last night to a bunch of folks sending them to the kickstarter page - should I re-direct them to the other one instead?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #259
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

Of course you would like people to donate more to the new account but would it be ok to take money off of the kickstarter page and add to the new one?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #260
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I sent an e-mail last night to a bunch of folks sending them to the kickstarter page - should I re-direct them to the other one instead?
Yes, please re-direct. Also I just sent you an email using Neil's gmail.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #261
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offthehook View Post
Of course you would like people to donate more to the new account but would it be ok to take money off of the kickstarter page and add to the new one?
Yes, please feel free to switch.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #262
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Yes, please feel free to switch.
Sounds good, I will keep bumping and pushing donatations to help you guys!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #263
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

I am keeping my original donation on kickstater in case it makes it to 30k and I upped my donation on gofundme as the first one.

Hope everyone else can do the same!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #264
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offthehook View Post
Sounds good, I will keep bumping and pushing donatations to help you guys!
Same here, no stopping now!!!

Folks I'm not sure if you know but Bigmista is a founding member of this forum, yeah he's been here from the beginning. Just like Spicewine who started this thread.
If it weren't for these guys and the others in purple there may not be the place we all enjoy and learn from.
Can't forget Phil, our Grand Poobah, but these are the guys who helped him through the tough times. And doing this for Bigmista and MrsMista is just like a thank you for all they've done here.
Neil is also a BIG promoter of the Brethren, as well as a supporter.

So let's help them get their dream become reality

My offer of the drawing for the 4 Simply Marvelous rubs, your choice, is for anyone who donates to the new site as well. Just letting you know, by donating to this cause until the end of the month, yes I'm extending the drawing date, you will be in the drawing for these rubs.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #265
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Dinner time bump!
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Old 02-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #266
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Bump again
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD

Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #267
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
Bump again
Thanks George!!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #268
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

With the change of program from Kickstarter to GoFundMe there are some similarities, but also some important differences.

1) Kickstarter worked on an "all or nothing" business model, which means that if there was $29,999.99 pledged (or less} as of 2/21/14 at 9:38am PST, the entire project will have been cancelled with none of the pledges going towards Bigmista's business

2) Kickstarter would not charge your credit card unless the project met the $30,000.00 goal by 2/21/14 at 9:38am PST. If the project was successful, and you weren't paying attention, you might have had an unexpected charge on your account on the 21st. In addition, when pledging, you are hoping that your financial situation doesn't change before the 21st, or at a minimum need to "hold" the pledged funds in your account until the project finished

3) GoFundMe doesn't work on a "pledge" business model, but instead, is a donation service. Neil and Phyllis are able to use the donated monies as needed, either by allowing them to grown in the GoFundMe account, or to withdraw them in whatever amount is required. They do not have to wait until 30 - 60 days for an "all or nothing" outcome, and their supporters know that whatever they are donating WILL be benefiting the new restaurant

4) As GoFundMe accepts "donations" instead of pledges, the supporters are able to give money when they are able to afford it. During the Kickstarter campaign I read many people refer to making a pledge because it was payday - but in reality, it might not have been payday when the actual transaction took place. Now, we are able to donate the money when we have it. In addition, there is even an option to schedule donations on a recurring basis!

and most importantly...

5) As there is no funding deadline, there will be no more DUBBAGA 5am Kickstarter updates

... as GoFundMe is going to be dealing with "real money" and "real time" donations, we shouldn't be surprised or concerned to see the funding totals increase at a slower pace than Kickstarter. But every $$$ that has been donated, will be directly going to benefit Bigmista/MrsMista reach their goal

... how I wish that I had 5k to donate, as that could be the start of my restaurant empire (at least a minority ownership stake in one) - instead of the Shark Tank, would this be considered the Pig Trough???

http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Old 02-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #269
Rookie'48

I'm in at GoFundMe ! Go get "em, Neil.
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 AM   #270
Diesel Dave

Quote:
As there is no funding deadline, there will be no more DUBBAGA 5am Kickstarter updates
Nope but here's a Diesel bump for the morning

Thanks Rookie48!!!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread